Club Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. The problem for the rest of us is that a club the size of Everton shrivels and dies if it cannot realise its potential. A Norwich can be relegated and bounce back in a year or two because that's the potential of that club being realised: to yo-yo with the odd chance of a special season or two where a League Cup final appearance or a sixth place finish goes into club folklore. A club like Everton goes down only if it suffers a catastrophe. And if it does fall, it falls like a piano from the top floor of a five-storey building - through every successive floor below.

If today's news is as bad as some of us suspect it is, we could very easily plummet into oblivion over the coming years. I wouldn't get too het up over this if the powers-that-be decided at the stroke of a pen to eliminate all dodgy money from the game overnight and every major club suffered the consequences. But we're being singled out right now with Chelsea - who are in a better position to absorb their catastrophe - while actual murderers are welcomed to Newcastle. Why should Everton be purer than every other club? Why are we holding ourselves to an impossible standard? It's like some of our fans actually don't want a level playing pitch. Pure self-inflicted victimhood. Naive in the extreme. After this season, our next Merseyside derby could be against Tranmere Rovers.
Self hating Evertonians.

They probably think this calamity is the wrath of a vengeful God for the last 6 years of profligate spending.

Im dissapointed largely in the board for letting the media pressure them.

The statement today reeked of Kenwright/DBB.
So you’d rather we kept the sponsorships going and have the media shoot daggers at us every game, throw the same questions at every one of Frank’s pressers

Im dissapointed largely in the board for letting the media pressure them.

The statement today reeked of Kenwright/DBB.
I'm not sure they had much choice. I think Denise and Bill are at best incompetent and at worst venal. But I don't think they could do much today. The prevailing winds are against them and us. I don't blame the club. It's the piety of some of our fans thinking this in some way demonstrates our purity that sticks in my craw. The sanctimonious naivety is what gets me. The club has basically been told to swallow the cyanide capsule or the kids get it too. It's the fans who are jumping up and down to demand that they swallow the entire bottle that I'm bemused by.

Think people need to chill a bit tbh. We will just agree new sponsors. Moshiri will have to try and distance himself from Usmanov commercially though
C8F9BCE6-2683-45C7-A3A1-2F4514F6857A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.