Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that David Moyes must take huge credit for bringing Coleman on so well. So much has happened to Coleman since he first came from Sligo Rovers.Remember that foot infection he sustained while on tour in America as well the loan to Blackpool,his debut at left back in the European game where we got hammered.
Even though Coleman is 24 now he was a total novice when he first arrived and has been carefully groomed into a premiership star.
I remember seeing Coleman play for the Irish under 21 team shortly after he signed for us.You could see that he had some potential,but it was hard to see him turn into the player he has become.

He makes the opponent's defenders go backwards with that burst of pace. Has pretty good ball control at pace and is starting to cross like a absolute demon when he creates just a small opening.

I think that David Moyes must take huge credit for bringing Coleman on so well. So much has happened to Coleman since he first came from Sligo Rovers.Remember that foot infection he sustained while on tour in America as well the loan to Blackpool,his debut at left back in the European game where we got hammered.
Even though Coleman is 24 now he was a total novice when he first arrived and has been carefully groomed into a premiership star.
I remember seeing Coleman play for the Irish under 21 team shortly after he signed for us.You could see that he had some potential,but it was hard to see him turn into the player he has become.

Absolutely spot on.

hmm? coleman should have been playing right back about 2 years ago mate. Moyes was probably the only person in the world who would have thought playing neville and hibbert there ahead of him was a good idea. he's also the one who decided to play him at left back up against angel di maria. He got hammered because he was out of position up against a player who is now possibly the best winger in the world.

better late then never like

hmm? coleman should have been playing right back about 2 years ago mate. Moyes was probably the only person in the world who would have thought playing neville and hibbert there ahead of him was a good idea. he's also the one who decided to play him at left back up against angel di maria. He got hammered because he was out of position up against a player who is now possibly the best winger in the world.

No and no.

He was used as a RM first because we didn't have anyone else to play in that position and he was the best option available. Plus he wasn't ready to be first-choice RB then. Both Neville and Hibbert were ahead of him.

But you say that Moyes, being the person who saw him in training every day was "the only person in the world" who thought he wasn't ready to start ahead of them ?

Another failed Moyes-bashing attempt.

No and no.

He was used as a RM first because we didn't have anyone else to play in that position and he was the best option available. Plus he wasn't ready to be first-choice RB then. Both Neville and Hibbert were ahead of him.

But you say that Moyes, being the person who saw him in training every day was "the only person in the world" who thought he wasn't ready to start ahead of them ?

Another failed Moyes-bashing attempt.

ok mate x

It shocks me to read that people out there don't rate Coleman defensively. Sure, he's no Bobby Moore but he is a good defender who will more often than not do his defensive job and I think people are just being overly harsh on him. If his defensive game improved any more there would be few better candidates for best right back in the prem.

As for Coleman himself I love the narky Irish fella, he's good at both ends of the pitch and when he's playing the opposition left back doesn't know what to do when he runs at them with either Pienaar or Mirallas in support because all he needs is half a yard to get a good cross in. Add that to his general narkiness and determination and you just can't help but like him.

Spot on, plenty of us have wanted a run at RB for him two seasons ago, he didn't get it so Moyes could stick with his experienced favourites.

Moyes finally does what he should of done over a season ago, and its proved that it works, so the moyes sycophant brigade say it only worked because moyes waited, yeah ok then

You guys are forgetting Coleman was one of the best young players in the league when he started playing RM. At the time we had no one to play RM and Coleman came in and did a superb job. Last year he was injured half the season and I would've preferred to see him switching b/t RB and RM but really with the timings of his injuries he never would've had a solid run in either position. Moyes handled him as well as he possibly could have.

I think Moyes has done a great job with Coleman, my only concern is why he isn't doing that with youngsters right now. He's done it with Coleman, Anichebe, and Rodwell but no one from the current group of youngsters is getting a sniff of the treatment those three did. Maybe Moyes isn't interested in developing young players if he really is leaving in the summer. :/

I think Moyes has done a great job with Coleman, my only concern is why he isn't doing that with youngsters right now. He's done it with Coleman, Anichebe, and Rodwell but no one from the current group of youngsters is getting a sniff of the treatment those three did. Maybe Moyes isn't interested in developing young players if he really is leaving in the summer. :/

Maybe he only gives the young players a go who are good enough?

Maybe he only gives the young players a go who are good enough?

Maybe but, his rash treatment of Ross Barkley needs some sort of explanation. He has made an impact at every International level he has played at, every club he has been loaned out to, looked very good in our first team at the start of last season and has now been given the cold shoulder. Then there is John Lundstram, how do you explain beating Cheltenham away in the cup comfortably and he puts Hitz on over these two? what type of message does this send to our youth player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back