Computer games.

You mean third right... :D :D
I have a three monitor setup at work and have to force myself to use the third or use it as an idle screen (when remote viewing something just to monitor, or watching something).

Wouldn't do this to myself at home tbh.

Unrelated to that note: ordered some RAM for my home pc, because it's old af and needs the boost, and it works at a specific frequency as it's bottlenecked by both the mobo and the processor. All giddy go, pick up package, head home, open package - it's the correct brand, correct MHz, correct GBs... but it's SODIMM as it's for a laptop.

Now I gotta wait a few days more as it has to travel back and forth ffs

So.... Ongoing new pc hunt, It seems if I'm not going to be playing in 4k rtx 3080 is not worth the extra over a rtx 3070???????
Tbh mate a 3070 should keep you going for years to come too. I can run pretty much any game on Ultra settings still and get decent FPS.

If you have the cash for a 3080 go for it, but a 3070 is a nice compromise.
OOOOOOORRRRRRR......

You could grab yourself an AMD 6950XT for a great price and enjoy some amazing graphical power. *If you don't care about ray-tracing - which I don't

OOOOOOORRRRRRR......

You could grab yourself an AMD 6950XT for a great price and enjoy some amazing graphical power. *If you don't care about ray-tracing - which I don't
I'm not sure I notice Ray tracing on ps5, so not sure if I will on pc lol thanks for advice

I'm not sure I notice Ray tracing on ps5, so not sure if I will on pc lol thanks for advice
I am rocking a 6700XT which when released was squarely between the 3060Ti and the 3070, but with updates to drivers and the fact the 6700XT has 12GB of VRAM, it has kept up with the times better. Hardware Unboxed recently did a retest of all those mid range cards and the 6700XT now falls between the 3070 and 3070Ti. And if you factor in the price you can get them for, they are a superb value proposition.

Nintendo added the ability to ban things from the question mark boxes in Mario Kart 8 on the Switch two days ago.

My younger son is now playing a game where the boxes only distribute blue shells. This is as gloriously stupid as it sounds. As cagey as most of the knockout round games in the World Cup have been, and a much better watch than any of the games so far.

OK so I'm looking for some straight answers... I'm really really REALLY tempted to get one of these "all-in-one" gaming machines that you can play all the old titles on. I'm not tech-minded so I CBA "Building my own". Wouldn't have a clue. But if there's a pre-loaded box that goes under your telly ready to plug and play - I'm there, all in.

I mean retro gaming is so damn expensive and the old hardware and software, wonderful as they are, is just too pricey.

So:

Does anyone own anything like this?

Does anyone have any recommendations? For reliability, build, user interface etc?

Do any of these machines offer save points?

It's just I see loads of videos like the one below but I don't KNOW anyone who has actually got anything like this. So I'm wary of shelling out for something that could be a scam. I'd really like something that I could revisit all the old titles on that I spent a fortune on such as the Megadrive, SNES, Master System, Gameboy PSone.... And also get to play systems I never had the chance to try out (PC Engine, Dreamcast, Atari Lynx, etc etc.....)

Help.

Please!!!

I have the old 'Super Console X' and it's wonderful - Think it cost me about £50-60 about 2 years ago.

Has something bonkers like 50,000 games on it (I bought it mainly to reminisce with my brother about old ZX Spectrum games) - but it runs most things up to about PS1 era

I have the old 'Super Console X' and it's wonderful - Think it cost me about £50-60 about 2 years ago.

Has something bonkers like 50,000 games on it (I bought it mainly to reminisce with my brother about old ZX Spectrum games) - but it runs most things up to about PS1 era
Yeah saw them on Amazon. Reviews veer wildy from fantastic to absolutely garbage.... very much luck of the draw I suppose. Look a bit cheap and flimsy... you reckon it's alright though? Can you save your progression in games? Are.the controls easy to set up? Does it support other joypads rather than the gash ones you get with it? Which supplier did you get it from?

Many thanks!

Yeah saw them on Amazon. Reviews veer wildy from fantastic to absolutely garbage.... very much luck of the draw I suppose. Look a bit cheap and flimsy... you reckon it's alright though? Can you save your progression in games? Are.the controls easy to set up? Does it support other joypads rather than the gash ones you get with it? Which supplier did you get it from?

Many thanks!
It's been a while since I fired it up TBH - I'll have a crack at it tomorrow and report back!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back