Computer games.

Tell you what, can tell your age when you can't game for hours on a PC without having to have a breather with a sore hand. My thumb is in bits lately from Alt+Tab'ing between a game and Twitch/YouTube etc. Really need to get a second monitor on the go.
Change your posture mate, and for the better if possible lol

Because my fingers sit on Shift, Q, W & E with thumb on space bar when I'm gaming. So have to tuck thumb back under hand to hit alt.
I avoid this problem by having a more comfortable keyboard and I also keep it at bizarre angles if I'm playing more active games.

Second monitor is a great investment though. They're currently not expensive iether.

Yeh I had one in my Amazon cart yesterday but then I'm like I can barely afford my rent what am I doing lol
Yeah understandable given circumstances and all, but if you're not a picky person you can get a very decent one for cheap.

Also I'm on the lookout for a second one to mine but honestly gonna wait for Xmas.

Completely agree, although I hasten to add I don't want to denigrate Linus too much as, in my opinion, I've always found him to be very fair/knowledgeable.

Anthony is the proverbial boobs though, seems a genuinely decent person and clued up like no other tech YouTuber I've seen. It's also him who reviewed the latest Intel chips on LTT.
Steve from Gamers Nexus eclipses Anthony imo.
I know, they are quite excellent, and still no need for a new socket in most cases except their most extreme ones. BLF's chip is also great (if you got/get lucky in the silicon lottery) in so that it's rated at over 5Mhz boosted/turbo and 3.something normal, which is still insanity, but shouldn't even need aio/water. Recent chips are just ridiculous for no reason and I love it lol

I watch LTT a lot, usually on release, and have for years. Here's my problem: his analysis is always based on either niche use or always assumes that people:
a) always buy the best new things as soon as they come out, yet his vids fail to mention the fact that even if you were to buy the newest processor (for example) you'd need to change the other peripherals for just about as much money, and no one does that.
b) actually always game in 4K on 4K monitors in 4K resolutions; some do, absolutely, but the majority of people won't. Some of the rigs they test things on are easily worth 6-7k$ at the time of doing them ffs Benchmarking Tomb Raider on a rig that costs a couple of thousand is nice and all, but to be more realistic he should test in FHD 1080p, which is what people have been calling for, instead of 4K resolutions.
c) have access to some of the tech they present, which is limited to testers or corporations and will never get used by regular Joe's, which makes it just clickbait to show a thing, which is usually sponsored anyway.

Even with that said, they're a good source of info for new things, but most the things should be taken with a grain of salt, as he's now more of a business than before so the titles/benchmarks are a bit baity.

Anthony is the MVP of LTT and has actually more knowledge than some of the crap Linus himself does/says though lol
The reason for GPU testing at 4k, is to test the maximum performance by stressing the parts. They always use the toppest of tier hardware to remove as many potential bottlenecks that might skew the results.

CPU testing, take CS for insurance. The GPU has little effect, so you can really see the difference in CPU performance at 1080p, even though the results are in the 400-700 ranges.

It most certainly is NOT about testing at a particular resolution, but more about isolating the parts being tested and showing those differences. The games are just what they use to accomplish that. They ask do it...LTT, GN, Hardware Unboxed & Jayztwocents

Also remember, Linus in the videos is a character being portrayed on screen. He is a different person irl. The wan show and the bts vids make that quite apparent

Last edited:
Why AIO, genuine question?

Other than that - that's a solid rig that maybe you won't need to upgrade for a long time, unless you want to play in 4k ultra max hd at 696969Hz.

Also maybe the i7 at some point soon but honestly that depends on socket availability at this point, as the good type of competition appeared, but that "forced" intel to use new sockets for some unknown reason other than being huge assholes.

My next upgrade is way overdue but I'm getting my SO a laptop first. Defo switching to team red for processor/mobo though.
It was very uncomfortable trying to use it over the summer with the stock cooler. I did a fair bit of research and even took the machine back to the shop for upgrade advice. From what they were saying AIO does a much better job of cooling the CPU than a fan cooler, but they’re louder. Plus I’ve only got an m-ATX case and so space was limited with 4 sticks of RAM. For several reasons an AIO made the most sense.

It’s working really well. NZXT seem to make high quality products and I’m satisfied with the performance.

But yeah I’m not planning on tinkering with this again any time soon. I will keep one eye on 3080 prices though. I wouldn’t mind one of those.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back