Computer games.

I'm waiting on FFVII Crisis core pre-order on 13th December, gonna smash that.

Also Tactics Ogre, Diofield Chronicle......some exciting titles lined up. Do like strategy RPGs at the moment.

Suikoden 1 & 2 remasters look smart as well......

I'm waiting on FFVII Crisis core pre-order on 13th December, gonna smash that.

Also Tactics Ogre, Diofield Chronicle......some exciting titles lined up. Do like strategy RPGs at the moment.

Suikoden 1 & 2 remasters look smart as well......
Didn't even know there was a crisis core coming out.
Just looked into it it's a remaster and chance to play it on big screen so you got me excited for it now.

Didn't even know there was a crisis core coming out.
Just looked into it it's a remaster and chance to play it on big screen so you got me excited for it now.
Yeah it was only released originally on PSP, I never had one of them. Hoping Square go through their back catalogue and remaster other earlier titles I never got to try like the ps1 Final Fantasy Tactics- never got a European release that and its supposed to be a fantastic game

Yeah it was only released originally on PSP, I never had one of them. Hoping Square go through their back catalogue and remaster other earlier titles I never got to try like the ps1 Final Fantasy Tactics- never got a European release that and its supposed to be a fantastic game
Been hoping for a chono cross remaster for years

Been hoping for a chono cross remaster for years
Secret of Mana remaster was.....allllright. It had rave reviews back in the SNES era like. Wasn't blown away by the remaster but it was playable and entertaining enough. Chrono Trigger is meant to be a truly peak Square Jrpg. Also would like to see the earlier FF titles... VI is meant to be MEGA

That's one reason i got the Wii U.

Once modded (easy to do only need an SD card and PC to put files on?
You can play Wii & GameCube natively and emulate all the consoles you mentioned.

Attach a big usb stick to it and load that up you have a little retro machine that can run every Nintendo game up to switch titles (excluding DS as well)

TurboGrafx, Atari (2600, 7800 Jaguar) Sega Megadrive & Master System
Some arcade only games too all run well.

It can't run Sega Saturn or Dreamcast though, which a shame, Saturn has been so hard to emulate and the Dreamcast is too much for Wii U to run well.
PS1 emulation is meh on Wii U, some games are playable a lot arnt.
Been thinking about getting a Wii U myself to use as an emulator. Thinking itbcould be a cheaper option that a gaming PC, although my brother has a great mod set up on his.

Been thinking about getting a Wii U myself to use as an emulator. Thinking itbcould be a cheaper option that a gaming PC, although my brother has a great mod set up on his.
PC is a better emulator, with alright specs you can emulate more than the Wii U can.

However what I like about Wii U is how well it plays Wii & GameCube games, because it's not emulating them it supports them natively.

Even on a beefy gaming PC you can get a few GameCube /Wii games that won't run well or at all.

I'd say if GameCube and Wii are top of your list of systems you want to emulate then go for a Wii U.

If you want to emulate likes of PS1, PS2, Saturn, Mame, Then a PC is better choice as Wii U even struggles with PS1 games quite a lot run like turd.

First 10 minutes in the quest 2 and already feel sick. Feels like a waste of money already.

Youll get more used to it with time. Have you got the red dot enabled on the display? It helps with the vertigo sensation.

I think VR gaming is much more suited to applications where you are either sat down like a flight or car sim, or standing more or less still, like golf or cricket games.

Youll get more used to it with time. Have you got the red dot enabled on the display? It helps with the vertigo sensation.

I think VR gaming is much more suited to applications where you are either sat down like a flight or car sim, or standing more or less still, like golf or cricket games.
Not played too much VR but I'd say this makes sense.
The experience is closer to real life in those examples as your not moving a character around with a controller.

Would love to play flight sim in VR.

Mixed reviews for The Callisto Protocol so far, loads of optimisation problems on PC as well.

Some seem to really like the return to a Dead Space style setting whilst others claiming it offers nothing new and feels like a poorly made fan game with great graphics.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back