Computer games.

So 10 years after its release I decide to get a Wii U.
Cheaper option right now to play all the Nintendo games I've not played.last decade.

Most games are fairly cheap and I'll mod it so I can use it as an emulation machine.

It's great for local Multiplayer, Mario Kart, Mario 3D World, Smash Bros, Rayman Legends are really good on local Multiplayer.
Nintendo land has some very funny basic multiplayer games on. Got a Wii U a couple of years ago

So 10 years after its release I decide to get a Wii U.
Cheaper option right now to play all the Nintendo games I've not played.last decade.

Most games are fairly cheap and I'll mod it so I can use it as an emulation machine.

It's great for local Multiplayer, Mario Kart, Mario 3D World, Smash Bros, Rayman Legends are really good on local Multiplayer.
Still play ours, very underrated console. To be fair i still play my Super Nintendo, GameCube and N64 as well!

Finally finished Hollow Knight. 181hrs played

I thought I had my list of what to play next clear, but now the moments arrived I haven’t a clue
Magnificent game. Shame the makers seem to have gone to the Bahamas instead of concentrating on getting the bloody sequel (silksong) finished! There are 2 ori games with a similar vibe, otherwise dead cells is another masterpiece that just keeps you coming back for more

Magnificent game. Shame the makers seem to have gone to the Bahamas instead of concentrating on getting the bloody sequel (silksong) finished! There are 2 ori games with a similar vibe, otherwise dead cells is another masterpiece that just keeps you coming back for more

Have dead cells and will get to it. Ori on the long list also!

I ended up starting back on Mario Odyssey

Still play ours, very underrated console. To be fair i still play my Super Nintendo, GameCube and N64 as well!
That's one reason i got the Wii U.

Once modded (easy to do only need an SD card and PC to put files on?
You can play Wii & GameCube natively and emulate all the consoles you mentioned.

Attach a big usb stick to it and load that up you have a little retro machine that can run every Nintendo game up to switch titles (excluding DS as well)

TurboGrafx, Atari (2600, 7800 Jaguar) Sega Megadrive & Master System
Some arcade only games too all run well.

It can't run Sega Saturn or Dreamcast though, which a shame, Saturn has been so hard to emulate and the Dreamcast is too much for Wii U to run well.
PS1 emulation is meh on Wii U, some games are playable a lot arnt.

I'm so ready for the next-gen update for The Witcher 3. I really hope they surprise us with some added content, no matter how insignificant it is. Just imagine if they added a questline with Iorveth. One can dream, right?
I'm also excited to see what they mean when they site "improved gameplay" as one of the improvements for this update. Perhaps the horse will no longer be an absolute imbecile.

Just finished a small upgrade to the fans on my PC and I’m pretty pleased with it now. I’ve had it for almost 18 months, and I’ve gone from being a total PC novice to feeling quietly confident I could build my own PC.

In that time I’ve upgraded a few parts, including:

- RAM (16GB 2666mhz to 32GB 2933mhz)
- PSU (550W to 850W)
- CPU (i5-10400F to i7-10700KF)
- CPU Cooler (Stock Intel to NZXT AIO Kraken 120mm)
- Added 2x Arctic 120mm PWM case fans (from 3 fans to 6 in total including AIO)

All done myself except the AIO cooler, which Scan fitted. With the RTX 3070 it’s a very good machine now. I need to find a good new game to really test it.

I’m such a horrific nerd these days.

Just finished a small upgrade to the fans on my PC and I’m pretty pleased with it now. I’ve had it for almost 18 months, and I’ve gone from being a total PC novice to feeling quietly confident I could build my own PC.

- PSU (550W to 850W)

All done myself except the AIO cooler, which Scan fitted. With the RTX 3070 it’s a very good machine now. I need to find a good new game to really test it.

I know who to call if my PC breaks down.

- PSU (550W to 850W)

The worst of it is, it only seems like a few months back you were asking all kinds of spec advice.

18 months?

We'll all be dead soon ffs.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back