Computer games.

The "problem" is, if you want interest free, its not really THAT easy or it never used to be.

Ive bought from these in the past.

https://www.meshcomputers.com/ I had no problems, but they get very, very bad reviews, I probably wouldnt risk it again, but they do interest free.

I normally get my PCs from https://www.ginger6.com/

There is no such thing as future-proof, although a PC for 2 grand should be dealing with most games for a good few years.
Yeah I should be sensible and save up Really

The "problem" is, if you want interest free, its not really THAT easy or it never used to be.

https://www.meshcomputers.com/ I had no problems, but they get very, very bad reviews, I probably wouldnt risk it again, but they do interest free.

There is no such thing as future-proof, although a PC for 2 grand should be dealing with most games for a good few years.
Yeah, the idea of future proofing makes sense to an extent, but by buying near the top end you're not getting great value for money.

However, looking around a bit the PC @neil999 linked isn't such a terrible deal. I didn't realise that CPU is 10 cores / 16 threads. The Intel 12th gen was a big step up on the 10th and 11th gen, so it's hard to beat. It's a full size ATX case and has a very good Z690 motherboard. It's got a good Corsair fully modular 850W power supply, which will make upgrades that bit easier, and a very decent 240mm Cooler Master all in one liquid cooler. There's no crappy parts there, which you would expect from a PC of that price, but you see some shockers around. With pre built PCs the sellers often tend to cheap out on certain parts. On mine it was the PSU, but this PC doesn't seem to have any obvious downsides, except for the price tag lol

In terms of upgrades, as the motherboard supports Intel 12th gen you could quite feasibly upgrade the CPU to an i7 or i9 later down the line. Although I would say that the one already in it is more than capable enough. It's comfortably a good 25% better than my 10th gen i7, for example.

The prices don't seem to have come down at all since I bought mine in July 2021. I'd maybe wait until the new year and see if there are any deals, but that's not a bad one at all considering the market from my limited research. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can weigh in with some advice.

Last edited:
Just become a retro gamer like me, currently playing CSGO 2012, League of Legends 2009 and waiting for Aion Classic 2009, in a few months.

You dont need a new PC if you play old games.
I hate to sound like an old fart, because I am already ahead of my years in that respect already, but a lot of the older games are still the best. In my opinion games haven't moved on that much in the last 10 years, besides shiny graphics etc.

A lot of the latest AAA games seem hell bent on harassing you with daily challenges, battle passes, season passes, downloadable content etc. It's exhausting.

I love the simplicity of DayZ, a game that was released 10 years ago and is still increasing in popularity. You log in and you try and find whatever you can, and eventually get shot in the head by someone you can't even see, and it's all over. It's brutal at times, but at least you know where you stand.

I hate to sound like an old fart, because I am already ahead of my years in that respect already, but a lot of the older games are still the best. In my opinion games haven't moved on that much in the last 10 years, besides shiny graphics etc.

A lot of the latest AAA games seem hell bent on harassing you with daily challenges, battle passes, season passes, downloadable content etc. It's exhausting.

I love the simplicity of DayZ, a game that was released 10 years ago and is still increasing in popularity. You log in and you try and find whatever you can, and eventually get shot in the head by someone you can't even see, and it's all over. It's brutal at times, but at least you know where you stand.
The battle passes and microtransactions these days are an utter joke.

Yeah, the idea of future proofing makes sense to an extent, but by buying near the top end you're not getting great value for money.

However, looking around a bit the PC @neil999 linked isn't such a terrible deal. I didn't realise that CPU is 10 cores / 16 threads. The Intel 12th gen was a big step up on the 10th and 11th gen, so it's hard to beat. It's a full size ATX case and has a very good Z690 motherboard. It's got a good Corsair fully modular 850W power supply, which will make upgrades that bit easier, and a very decent 240mm Cooler Master all in one liquid cooler. There's no crappy parts there, which you would expect from a PC of that price, but you see some shockers around. With pre built PCs the sellers often tend to cheap out on certain parts. On mine it was the PSU, but this PC doesn't seem to have any obvious downsides, except for the price tag lol

In terms of upgrades, as the motherboard supports Intel 12th gen you could quite feasibly upgrade the CPU to an i7 or i9 later down the line. Although I would say that the one already in it is more than capable enough. It's comfortably a good 25% better than my 10th gen i7, for example.

The prices don't seem to have come down at all since I bought mine in July 2021. I'd maybe wait until the new year and see if there are any deals, but that's not a bad one at all considering the market from my limited research. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can weigh in with some advice.
I knew I'd found a good one ? yeah will. Wait and see what pops up

I had no idea Mesh Computers are still going.

My first ever PC was one of theirs, an AMD athlon 64 dual core.
Must of been from about 2008

I knew I'd found a good one ? yeah will. Wait and see what pops up
I really, really expected prices to have come down by now, but to me there’s very little difference than when I bought mine in July 2021. Loads of people were telling me to wait for prices to go down. I’m glad I trusted my gut.

Even on eBay a used 3080 is £550. That’s only £100 off MSRP.

I really, really expected prices to have come down by now, but to me there’s very little difference than when I bought mine in July 2021. Loads of people were telling me to wait for prices to go down. I’m glad I trusted my gut.

Even on eBay a used 3080 is £550. That’s only £100 off MSRP.
Very annoying, just dunno how long to wait.. I'm using a laptop atm and it just gets too hot on certain games and have massive frame drops

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back