Computer games.

Bah, the sequel wasn't as good

Yer sorry bud I skimped a bit on the emotional stuff, prob could of gone into a bit more detail about how overwhelmed with joy I was that I would be able to play the game whilst feeling slightly miffed that PS customer services couldn't advise me of a solution that some lad on the Internet had worked out.

Saw a port report of the PC ver of Dying Light yesterday. Looks really good. Games these days can look so good. Light effects etc are amazing.

@Gwladys St. Glory @Dylan and @ other people that might build stuff.

I have a DRAM issue. I had 2 x 2gb sticks of Corsair 1333MHz and drunkely bought a 1 x 8gb stick to upgrade. As luck would have it, it is exactly the same model etc, so theoretically I can have 1 x 8gb & 1 x 2gb (I only have 2 slots on my MB).

Well apparently not. My pc hangs on the "Loading Windows" screen, I can't even get to the BIOS without taking the 8gb out and putting the 2gb back in.

I've updated my BIOS which I thought might do it (seeing as it was from 2011) but no joy. Any ideas? Oh yeah, I'm runnning a fresh (and updated) Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

RAM - Corsair XMS DDR 1333MHz
MB - ASUSTeK P8H61-M LE/USB3

Yeah, I don't care how generic it is, it's just great fun. Loved the third one too.

After this I'll probably grab Dying Light - which is basically Far Cry with zombies and parkour.
I think it's as good as GTA 5, very similar games.
@Gwladys St. Glory @Dylan and @ other people that might build stuff.

I have a DRAM issue. I had 2 x 2gb sticks of Corsair 1333MHz and drunkely bought a 1 x 8gb stick to upgrade. As luck would have it, it is exactly the same model etc, so theoretically I can have 1 x 8gb & 1 x 2gb (I only have 2 slots on my MB).

Well apparently not. My pc hangs on the "Loading Windows" screen, I can't even get to the BIOS without taking the 8gb out and putting the 2gb back in.

I've updated my BIOS which I thought might do it (seeing as it was from 2011) but no joy. Any ideas? Oh yeah, I'm runnning a fresh (and updated) Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

RAM - Corsair XMS DDR 1333MHz
MB - ASUSTeK P8H61-M LE/USB3
What MHz is the RAM that was in it, your motherboard may not support 1333MHz, you need to find out want RAM your motherboard supports, I'm pretty sure all RAM must be matched pairs, could be wrong.

If your motherboard only has 2 RAM slots I'd say it's quite old and may not support 8gb RAM full stop in one stick, better having two 4gb sticks, 8gb is plently RAM for gaming or anything really.

Last edited:
I think it's as good as GTA 5, very similar games.
What MHz is the RAM that was in it, your motherboard may not support 1333MHz, you need to fine out want RAM your motherboard supports, I'm pretty sure all RAM must be matched pairs, could be wrong.

If your motherboard only has 2 RAM slots I'd say it's quite old and may not support 8gb RAM full stop in one stick, better having two 4gb sticks, 8gb is plently RAM for gaming or anything really.

All the RAM is identical, 1333MHz. I've checked here and the MB supports up to 16gb, 8gb max per slot. I'm baffed!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back