Confidence in the board

Are you confident in the current board

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazes me when I read comments or hear people talk about how "The Mosh" needs to sort it, get his own people in, take control etc. His footballing decisions have been, by and large, atrocious since he came. Two years into his tenure and we've got Sam Allardyce as manager because the "Mosh" enjoyed his autobiography having replaced a disinterested Koeman who was hired because he was "Hollywood". His erratic utterances seriously worry me. From the James McCarthy "family" debacle to "our own Fab Four", he comes across as, being generous, incredibly naive. He's done nothing to rid himself of the worst performing board in Everton history and I would put the chances of the current lot delivering us a stadium in 4 years time as about 50/50. Sad times.

Amazes me when I read comments or hear people talk about how "The Mosh" needs to sort it, get his own people in, take control etc. His footballing decisions have been, by and large, atrocious since he came. Two years into his tenure and we've got Sam Allardyce as manager because the "Mosh" enjoyed his autobiography having replaced a disinterested Koeman who was hired because he was "Hollywood". His erratic utterances seriously worry me. From the James McCarthy "family" debacle to "our own Fab Four", he comes across as, being generous, incredibly naive. He's done nothing to rid himself of the worst performing board in Everton history and I would put the chances of the current lot delivering us a stadium in 4 years time as about 50/50. Sad times.

Interesting point of view. I would not dream of guessing what goes on at board level because I have not got a flying clue. I usually confine my worries to the performances and public utterances of the current manager whoever that is. It is and has always been, my only window into the inner world of Everton.

Either Moshiri is going to deliver a whole raft of changes and improvements in one go, new manager, DoF, CEO, ground, or he’s going to cock it up again.......
Absolutely, the next 3 or 4 decisions will make us or break us. All need to be made before the summer...
You cant have Elstone, Kenwright, Allardyce and Walsh at the club and expect success.. Its insane to even think these bunch of losers can deliver anything but failure.

If what BFS says about staying is true then all confidence I had in the board has fully eroded.

I just pray that Sam has misinterpreted what was said and will be booted out soon.

I'm looking for 'a spade in the ground' at Bramley Moor Dock. Thats my only measure on how to score this tenure.
Wasn't really expecting Moshiri to fully deliver on building a brilliant team etc. That's the end game. But did think we'd be more competitive than we are.
If he gets the stadium done fine. If not.....

Its not a case of money or not these days.

Its a massively unusual situation where the balance of power is held 50/50 by an old regime and a new one essentially it a board made up of comprmise and keeping everyone happy.

What that has led to is unclear approach that has drippied down to every facet of managerial structure below it.

I think we have a lot of good people at the club, on each side but a board made up of compromise means ultimately we lack direction and clarity on approach and goals. If Mosh comes into your office or rep on a Tues and Bill comes in on Thurs and both offer their two sense and both are officers of club and defacto your boss and both a re sending different messages it just leads to confusion. I dont even think there are power places i think they are working really hard to find a middle ground and accommodate everyone view, leading to middle ground medicoracy.

But if you are in middle management like Sam or Walsh or Koeman what do you do. The reality is there are consequences Koeman was sacked, Walsh could well be, as could Sam. Ultimately the scapegoats have been in management tiers below the board.

While whatever decisions are made in the summer, be it Sam going, Walsh going a new manager and Brands coming in, im not sure uncertainty and or new DOF and manager to this league in the melting pot of a squad overall in the right approach this summer. To many people who have to get to know the club, the league, new country. Launch in that we are likely going to get a new CEO. The whole summer has the potential to be a new basket case. Some stability is needed somewhere in my opinion to avoid the mess that was last summer. I think we will get it at board level.

Status
Not open for further replies.