Confirmed: Martinez New Everton Manager - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team Pereira, it was fun whilst that dream lasted, but now it's time to get right behind Roberto. So welcome Roberto, and here is my wish list for next season:
1. Keep hold of Baines for godsake
2. Don't bring any of your fodder from Wigan, not needed thanks
3. A win at Old Trafford and most definitely the tin mine (not really arsed about Emirates and the Bridge)
4. Finish in a European place (CL preferrably but I will settle for Europa League)
5. A trophy by the the of the season

Think thats about it for now, thanks Roberto, nice one lad

Couldn't argue with any of that, as optimistic as it may be.

Didn't see the presser but have read/heard the quotes and I'm happy with him. He has everything to prove yet, but he has a great attitude and will work to make this a success. What's also important to me is he's a nice guy who doesn't chat utter, utter garbage like, say, a Rodgers, for example. I like him and he'll be piss easy to get behind in that respect.

I actually liked the CL comment as it suggests he won't sack off the league for trophies at any point. He has been accused of that at Wigan, but it doesn't look like he'll do it here. However, he may put more of an onus on them than Moyes. Fine by me, we're at that stage now, it's been 18 years.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with this squad he's just taken over. Moyes has left him a dream of a job in the dressing room he's given him. The club is constantly described as a "family" and he won't have to deal with a single issue other than pre-season and adding to the squad. Moyes has given him as good a chance as he'll ever get at a big club. There are no excuses. He needs to show he's doing something right this year., but he doesn't have to pull up trees. Top 8 finish is an absolute must. We shouldn't be finishing outside the top 7 though, really.

Missed the presser are there any good memes out there or pics of Martinez looking adorable?

Firstly...we've got a really positive manager here. I liked the fact he wants to take it to the next level rather than just say the generic "great club, new ideas, freshness etc", he's gone straight for it and his aim is to progress.

Always said he'll never experience what he will/has already experienced now he's here. He looked nervous, it's a whole new ball game and a completely new amount of pressure for him. He'll **** himself 1st home game of the season with 39k in the cauldron of GP... But that's what he wants.

So from that, it's a clean slate from what he's done at Wigan. Screw the win ratio, the relegation he had with his previous club, this is totally different. He knows it and will hopefully show us something new

Yep, music to the ears that. Very important to say it at the outset even though we didn't need Bill confirming that it meant CL.

If I had a magic wand I would like to change all the sulking and moaning Moyes fans into real Everton fans giving their new manager Martinez a fair chance - they do not have to be as lenient as they were with Moyes when he finished 17th in his second season but now is the time to try and make it work instead of trying to make it fail -
Roberto will be under immense pressure - negative prejudism before a ball has even been kicked under his management is most certainly not in the interest of Everton -
criticize him for the mistakes he has made as Everton manager not for the mistakes you think/hope he is going to make as Everton manager-

You can tell, the moment he sat down how chuffed he was to be Everton manager!
He said all the right things, and i know most managers (Rodgers especially) say things to appease the fanbase, but what i got from the Martinez presser were things that he 100% meant if you get me. He never said any of it to try and get us on side i dont, he said it because he meant it.
The fella is ambitious as well, think he has won a lot of people over with his presser. Im excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back