Confirmed: Roberto Martinez Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
So long, Roberto. Though many on here would beg to differ, i truly liked you as a person (from what i could discern from a distance), and also what you were trying to achieve. Unfortunately, you failed to achieve it, ultimately losing the fans and, more importantly, the players. Good luck for the future.

Moyes legacy mate, and if you know my stance on Moyes I was not one who liked him at all, but have to say he left a fit squad that had so much orginisation drilled into it that it took a year to be drilled out, it meant Bobby could do his phillosophy and face none of the consequences for the huge flaws inherent in it, and for a season we all thought we'd hit the jackpot, but alas the real Martinez is the one we saw the last two

Martinez will not succeed in any league like the prem unless he changes everything about the way he goes about business

An opinion that fits a myth for an agenda IMO.

I will not take anything away from his and our performance in season 1. He had us flying like we haven't in ages. It was a true breath of fresh air to actually have hope.

Sadly it hasn't worked out in the end and he needed to go after the Derby, but I won't minimize anything about that first season. He had some pretty damn large shoes to fill and exceeded everyones expectations in that first season.

Moyes legacy mate, and if you know my stance on Moyes I was not one who liked him at all, but have to say he left a fit squad that had so much orginisation drilled into it that it took a year to be drilled out, it meant Bobby could do his phillosophy and face none of the consequences for the huge flaws inherent in it, and for a season we all thought we'd hit the jackpot, but alas the real Martinez is the one we saw the last two

Martinez will not succeed in any league like the prem unless he changes everything about the way he goes about business

Agree mostly.

Martinez deserves a lot of credit for that first season, but ultimately he has now proved he is simply too stubborn/incapable of changing his ways in terms of defending, which will always be his downfall.

Shame it had to end like this. Neither the board, nor Martinez to be honest, have come out of this looking great.

The board have dithered when they needed to be decisive and, though not very realistic, Martinez could have walked but was either hanging on for the cash, or really believed he could turn it round.

I wish him well in whatever he does next, but ultimately he wasn't good enough.

I think he truly believed he could turn it around mate. I'm not sure he could have though.

Wanted him gone for months but take no pleasure in it now it has happened. Seems a decent enough bloke but just not good enough. We move on.

I will be bloody frustrated though if we suddenly win 4-0 on Sunday as the players have not tried for ages.

honestly - If they come out like gangbusters and play a blinder I wont know whether to be happy or pissed at them. Since I will be there I am sure I will be happy but will not feel good about them personally if it makes any sense.

what's he done now?

Not sure if this is photoshopped but it's going around.

CiQpGsrW0AALu_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back