Confirmed: Roberto Martinez Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwards-Ham-Sam-Edwards-III.webp

My thoughts.

1) I like Martinez. He clearly wanted this. But this is a results based job, and the last month has been shameful. Had to go.
2) The biggest knock on effect of the Moshiri buy in, will be that we can attract just about any manager that's available. With that dosh, and this underachieving playing squad, this is a fantastic job. I expect no shortage of interest.
3) Will be interesting to see who wants out and who wants to stay once we appoint a new gaffer. Will the likes of Rom, Mirallas, Barkley, Stones want to stay a year to see how things are with the new manager and new money? Or make a clean break? Will the most interesting summer for Everton in a while, maybe ever.

Can never really feel totally ecstatic about this happening, but this had to happen. Great guy, did a lot of good for Everton, I loved his willingness to reach for Top 4 and play good football. One of my proudest moments was his "money isn't everything, and money can't buy you Stones" interview.

But ultimately, just not a good enough manager to bring out the best in these players. He had to go.

Now that he's gone, my vitriol for him will slowly wane. I wish him the best.....elsewhere.

Seconded. Some great memories, although very few in this last season. One big black mark against him imo was letting Naismith go. Maybe we can get him back now that Norwich are going down.

Moshiri/Ryazantsev forced it through mate, not sure Bill was a willing participant. Anyway as mentioned, the power shift has started, Moshiri/Ryazantsev are controlling the recruitment process and at least one new board member is arriving early summer.

Im glad they did...the start of a new future for us. Half a century a Blue and they say its the hope that kills you....but I'll always have it. Glad to hear the new people are already actively moving us forward. (Not sideways again..... aaaargh)

Moshiri/Ryazantsev forced it through mate, not sure Bill was a willing participant. Anyway as mentioned, the power shift has started, Moshiri/Ryazantsev are controlling the recruitment process and at least one new board member is arriving early summer.

Ryaz Who ? I didn't pay much attention to moshiri if im honest, judge him when im sitting in a shiny new Gwlady's MK2 watching Messi and Pogba in 2018-19 season beating Liverpool 3-0 with 15 minutes gone. Otherwise he can go too the fraudster.

P.S. Everton still get beat 4-3. #EvertonThat :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back