Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this point of view and we know what certain members of the board are like, but on the other hand Thelwell has came across as professional and astute.

We need to strengthen the squad and as such we've got to expect the club looking at players. The MO of Sky Sports knowing first doesn't fit the model though.

Yeah I know but we have done this walk so many times over the years, you know had news/ big injury followed by distraction. Hope I'm being too pessimistic and I'm wrong on this, but it does look suspicious.

Surprised by the negativity toward Coady, 29 isn't old and realistically we could get 3 good seasons out of him, he's light years ahead of Keane or Holgate and he's a leader exactly the kind of player we have been missing. Him being a red is irrelevant, anyone who would rather we start either Keane or Holgate need there head testing. Him and Tarks at the back puts us in a much better place than last season, it's about progress can't have another year like last year.

Don't think he's a bad player and I don't care who he supports but we've just signed one 29 year old centre back and though 29 isn't old for a centre back, you don't want to buy two of them, if you understand what I'm getting at. Would rather develop Branthwaite or improve Godfrey he has the tools.

Don't think he's a bad player and I don't care who he supports but we've just signed one 29 year old centre back and though 29 isn't old for a centre back, you don't want to buy two of them, if you understand what I'm getting at. Would rather develop Branthwaite or improve Godfrey he has the tools.
I get what your saying, but I don'timd experience at the back if they have the legs for it. But I agree we have to develop out younger players alongside the experience.

We don’t have the luxury of the time required to develop these players. What you’ve said makes sense in itself, but in the specific context of us having a CB department that is completely untrustworthy for one reason or another, it’s any port in a storm. Compounded by the fact we’re hamstrung by FFP, older players on loan is about the best we can do, if we have any chance of addressing the other glaring holes in the squad.

Godfrey has the tools to become a good player but he’s just been drifting the last couple of years, not getting a settled run in the team, or in one particular position. Same with most of our CH for the past few seasons.
I think this is a big season for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.