2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you but I'm not even raving about them, I'm saying that they've individually been good central defenders. They immediately looked comfortable on the team and their teammates have spoken about the influence they've had behind the scenes and on the pitch. Some of that I've seen in examples (eg Tarkowski has stood up for his teammates in a way that others here have not for years, Coady actually opens his mouth which is a nice change from some of our other defenders) but overall the impact has been small. I won't dispute that. Personally I think they've been a step up from what Keane, Holgate and Godfrey have given us the last two seasons. I'm tired of the misplaced moaning where people say they've been awful all season. It's so tiring. The tactics have been so naive in some of these games that it's really hard to blame those two, for me.
Holgate and Keane had us 2nd in the league under ancelotti at boxing day just 2 years ago. These 2 clowns have us 2nd bottom and out of all cup competitions. Wake up and smell the coffee

Holgate and Keane had us 2nd in the league under ancelotti at boxing day just 2 years ago. These 2 clowns have us 2nd bottom and out of all cup competitions. Wake up and smell the coffee
Keane and Holgate gave me a heart attack every time they touched the ball, I don’t feel that way now with Coady and Tarkowski. The results haven’t improved so I understand the argument I just don’t agree. We had much better attacking options and a much better manager during the time you’re referencing.

Keane and Holgate gave me a heart attack every time they touched the ball, I don’t feel that way now with Coady and Tarkowski. The results haven’t improved so I understand the argument I just don’t agree. We had much better attacking options and a much better manager during the time you’re referencing.
Exactly. If your attacking players have the ball up the other end more, there is less for your defence to do.

Unfortunately for us our midfield and attack can’t hold their own water so our defence and goalkeeper are getting exposed a lot more.

Holgate and keane did?
On boxing day this season we had conceded 17 goals. Ancelotti's team had let in 20.

We were 2nd because we had scored 24 goals with the likes of Richarlison, calvert lewin, digne, Rodriguez.....as opposed to 11 goals with hardly a forward line at all.

You're either a wind up or off your head if you think keane and holgate are better.

He's not as good as most of us thought. Good leader, good guy...average defender. Still better than most cbs we have and doesn't suffer the confidence crisis that keane does.

Holgate and keane did?
On boxing day this season we had conceded 17 goals. Ancelotti's team had let in 20.

We were 2nd because we had scored 24 goals with the likes of Richarlison, calvert lewin, digne, Rodriguez.....as opposed to 11 goals with hardly a forward line at all.

You're either a wind up or off your head if you think keane and holgate are better.
A wind up for saying Keane is better? Whys that. He's got more england than coady and tarkowski combined and they are all the same age. I'm just not one who likes to jump on the bandwagon and sees things for what they are. And Keane had a dodgy season last season yes but before that was decent on the whole. Whereas coady and tarkowski are looking worse by the week and leaking goals

The only reason they didn't concede more earlier in the season was luck and pickford because the expected goals against were a lot higher than what were conceded and the luck is now running out and the goals are flying in now

A wind up for saying Keane is better? Whys that. He's got more england than coady and tarkowski combined and they are all the same age. I'm just not one who likes to jump on the bandwagon and sees things for what they are. And Keane had a dodgy season last season yes but before that was decent on the whole. Whereas coady and tarkowski are looking worse by the week and leaking goals

The only reason they didn't concede more earlier in the season was luck and pickford because the expected goals against were a lot higher than what were conceded and the luck is now running out and the goals are flying in now

oh. You were serious.

Keane & holgate it is then for the next game.

?

I'm not doubting Coadys commitment or sincerity here, but why did it not start in week 1. Why are they now only realising the importance of full commitment?

This is just meaningless words. The players aren't delivering and the management arent doing enough to put them in the position to succeed.

I'm not doubting Coadys commitment or sincerity here, but why did it not start in week 1. Why are they now only realising the importance of full commitment?

This is just meaningless words. The players aren't delivering and the management arent doing enough to put them in the position to succeed.

Think the likes of him, Tarky, JP and 1-2 others have probably shown it from day 1 while others have coasted, think that’s what he’s getting at that they all need to show the commitment

He's been a bit of a disappointment for me, generally his stats reflect this. Tarkowski is the better of the two by some way. Given our current situation I'd be playing a back three and hoping that he improves his form. Right now I wouldn't be signing him permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.