2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
He costs double that in medical bills. And 5mill for 10 games doesn't make financial sense in your metric

Mina wasn't good enough for Dyche until the Keane decided to show his true self. So you can't read much into that.
I didn't know the accounts give a breakdown of costs for players medical bills.

I think we will see others centre backs leave as well. I would guess that Keane, Holgate and/or Godfrey could be sold if a decent offer were made for them.

I would not mind seeing Johnny Evens come on a short term deal, I know he is 35 but is a player that impresses me every time I see him play. He would be a solid addition and allow us to spend our resources on strikers and creative players.

It's quite rare for a loanee to feel like they are part of the squad fabric. Almost immediately other players were referring to his leadership qualities. Fair play to him for his impeccable attitude and effort. Shame to see him go, but understandable given our finances.

I was initially in the “only 4.5m” group but I think maybe we’ve done the right thing. With wages over a 3 year contract only 4m becomes 10-15m, and at his age it’s money out the door, not an investment.

Last summer we brought in older players for free / loan but only splashed cash on Onana / Garner / McNeil, players with potential resale value, and for me it absolutely should be a policy to only spend money on players young enough to potentially increase in value.

Coady‘s fee is low but if we have adopted a policy like that it would be against the policy.

SD has said he wants to build a side with Pace and Power. Coady doesn't quite fit that remit. Obviously the club will want any asset to not be depreciating from the moment the ink is partially dry on the contract so a younger player is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.