Continuous mentality problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelEFC96

Player Valuation: £10m
Every single year. Different manager. Different players. Different owner. Same outcome. Why? Every year it's the same old story. Never mind the lack of trophies, but our Derby record is appalling as well as big games at big away grounds, big games at a a crucial time in a season. Something needs to change, maybe that's better players coming in but we've had the same problem for as long as I can remember as a fan.

I'm expecting big things in the future with a new man on board with ambition, but it needs to start with the mentality with not just the players, but with the whole club.

Why do people mention different players? Our first season under Martinez (3 seasons ago) was

Howard
Coleman Jags distin Baines

Mccarthy Barkley Barry

Deulofeu Lukaku Mirallas/Pienaar

Effectively 7 out of 11 players there have been regular starters this season with Mirallas and Deulofeu still bit part players.

We have needed a clear out for a while now. January we really need to stick 2 up to FFP, and Moshiri needs to really spend a big whack. Overpay on fees and wages who cares just get 3-4 top quality players in to improve the first team and start getting the dross in our squad off the wage books.

One reason will be we never go for the jugular in a big game.. and often not in most games. 2-1, 1-0, etc etc. not so many won by 2 plus unless the oppos are poor. That sort of attitude doesn't get us over the line in enough games whereas you see the best teams putting a lot of games away with 15-20 to go..

And, of course, there's always the almighty panic when 2-0 becomes 2-1.

Because the players are spineless nobheads who bottle it every time a big game is there for the taking.

No wonder the fans can't be arsed to sing anymore. The crowd went for it from the off tonight but the players were goosed after half an hour.

Sell them all and replace them with dogs dressed in Everton kits. At least they wouldn't stop running and some of our more peculiar fans could have a sly tug at their seats.

"Better player" covers the full range of attributes a professional footballer can have.

Indeed but people seem to overlook the mental part of it, to me thats the most important aspect.

Most of the players in the top flight have "talent". If not all of them. It means nothing without the right mentality.

Its what separates the Scholes and Lampards from the Barkleys and Taarabts.

The whole club is enshrined in a loser mentality, i think it is a 2 way thing but as fans we mostly go into games expecting to get beat, especially derby games and away games at the top clubs, we are a very loyal, almost obsessed fan base and we believe we should be at the top end of the table.... in short we are deluded, reality is we are perennial losers, a change of mentality is needed and that can only come from the very top of the club, we need a very clear statement of intent from Moshiri, otherwise what's the point of bothering?

some of our more peculiar fans could have a sly tug at their seats.

tumblr_ls4n1bG1Ev1qaid3h.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.