Continuous mentality problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% mentality in the second half. No one wanted the ball. No one showed any composure. Horrible weak tossers. They need gutted

I think it's obvious to everyone that it was tactical though?

Barry simply didn't have the legs to replicate what McCarthy was doing and played about 15 yards back in a static role, which created an incredible gap between the forwards and the midfield.

I think last night the problem was Gareth Barry not being able to match McCarthy's energy level. It wasn't the ideal game for him and the fact he didn't start suggests Koeman knew this. The sub was forced.

Obvs they seem to be our bogey team, but we did better against them last night than we had since about 2013. I say better, I mean we didn't just roll over. Not that that's consolation, but it indicated to me that a "Schneiderlin" is a must in Jan.

We also need to realise that games last 90, not 45.

I think it's obvious to everyone that it was tactical though?

Barry simply didn't have the legs to replicate what McCarthy was doing and played about 15 yards back in a static role, which created an incredible gap between the forwards and the midfield.

Dropping deep, not looking for the ball, shirking responsibility, responding only through horror ankle breakers, not reacting to any second balls. That's all 100% mentality. And we've seen it all before. Did Barry have to be so downright pathetic. No but that's his par for the course against that lot. These players don't have the heart and hunger or belief in themselves for a derby. It's sad but it's reality. It doesn't changes till the club change its mentality and these are given the road. I feel ill and numb but these players are immune to it. They wouldn't be 1 in 20 if it meant what it should to them. I love everton and I love everton players I've grown up with. Even some downright garbage ones because I knew they gave their heart and soul and felt our pain. This lot? I despise 90% of them. They are everything that everton football club should not epitomise. Weak, scared, lazy, gutless, gripped by fear. There's nothing they can do or say to fix it. They just need to go and sooner the better.

Apologies if this cuts deep, but I'd suggest we - the fans - need a change of mentality, too.

Far too many just shrug shoulders and say, "clear out needed", "need a good transfer window", "Moshiri hasn't done anything to suggest a new era" etc etc.

I hate that bunch of whoppers across the way more than anything else on this planet. My contempt for them is dangerous. But even I have to admit a begrudging respect: they mobilise when things are rotten at their club, and their actions usually turn the tide.

Ignore the whopperish matches and homecoming ceremonies etc with zany flags - look at how they protested, marched and really made it known that their owners needed elbowing.

They've now got a club right back in the groove, loads of cash and a quality manager who understands them.

We just boo, moan and pin our hopes on the next transfer window.

Things will never be the same again.

Dropping deep, not looking for the ball, shirking responsibility, responding only through horror ankle breakers, not reacting to any second balls. That's all 100% mentality. And we've seen it all before. Did Barry have to be so downright pathetic. No but that's his par for the course against that lot. These players don't have the heart and hunger or belief in themselves for a derby. It's sad but it's reality. It doesn't changes till the club change its mentality and these are given the road. I feel ill and numb but these players are immune to it. They wouldn't be 1 in 20 if it meant what it should to them. I love everton and I love everton players I've grown up with. Even some downright garbage ones because I knew they gave their heart and soul and felt our pain. This lot? I despise 90% of them. They are everything that everton football club should not epitomise. Weak, scared, lazy, gutless, gripped by fear. There's nothing they can do or say to fix it. They just need to go and sooner the better.

It's the way the game panned out. Are Liverpool players bottlers because they couldn't get out of their half for the first half an hour?

Differentiate between them having better players and us having a weak mentality.

It's the way the game panned out. Are Liverpool players bottlers because they couldn't get out of their half for the first half an hour?

Differentiate between them having better players and us having a weak mentality.

It's utterly foolish to treat the game in isolation. But it epitomises our derby fragility. We can't take much more. Every one hurts more than the last. Circumstances obviously didn't help but we don't react. We let it completely ruin our flow. I find the squad disgusting. Mccarthy injury gave them in their eyes, a free pass. And they gladly took it the bottling scum.

Question is: when will the change process begin? Because it's been this way for decades.

I guess it's a bit like a house that's been left to deteriorate for years and years, the longer it's left the more work is going to have to be done to put it right. There's loads of factors as to why it's been this way for decades, both on and off the pitch and it's going to take a long time and a lot of money to fix it.

I've mocked Moshiri in jest a fair bit but I actually think he's rebuilding the whole infrastructure of the club, and that's a huge job. I'd like to see Elstone gone asap, I'd like to see him buyout the remainder of the shares, I'd like a new stadium and some shiny new players with a better attitude, but it's going to take time and I think he'll make all of those things happen. He's clearly not a stupid guy and you'd like to think that he's learnt from the failings of the last transfer window and the way we went about our business.

I guess only time will tell really.

Apologies if this cuts deep, but I'd suggest we - the fans - need a change of mentality, too.

Far too many just shrug shoulders and say, "clear out needed", "need a good transfer window", "Moshiri hasn't done anything to suggest a new era" etc etc.

I hate that bunch of whoppers across the way more than anything else on this planet. My contempt for them is dangerous. But even I have to admit a begrudging respect: they mobilise when things are rotten at their club, and their actions usually turn the tide.

Ignore the whopperish matches and homecoming ceremonies etc with zany flags - look at how they protested, marched and really made it known that their owners needed elbowing.

They've now got a club right back in the groove, loads of cash and a quality manager who understands them.

We just boo, moan and pin our hopes on the next transfer window.

Things will never be the same again.

Yeah I agree with that.

They genuinely believe they are the best club in the world and all their players are world class. Its laughable at times but I do think it makes a difference and its the reason that they always seem to be on the right end of those "great" high scoring games and get loads of late winners etc.

The fans, the players, the manager, the refs and the media all buy into it as well.

I dont ever want to be like "them" but a little bit of self belief would go a long way.

I guess it's a bit like a house that's been left to deteriorate for years and years, the longer it's left the more work is going to have to be done to put it right. There's loads of factors as to why it's been this way for decades, both on and off the pitch and it's going to take a long time and a lot of money to fix it.

I've mocked Moshiri in jest a fair bit but I actually think he's rebuilding the whole infrastructure of the club, and that's a huge job. I'd like to see Elstone gone asap, I'd like to see him buyout the remainder of the shares, I'd like a new stadium and some shiny new players with a better attitude, but it's going to take time and I think he'll make all of those things happen. He's clearly not a stupid guy and you'd like to think that he's learnt from the failings of the last transfer window and the way we went about our business.

I guess only time will tell really.

Its not a house, its a mud hut. In fact I wouldnt even go that far, its a cardboard box at present.

They won the bloody game!

In terms of "talent" (and I genuinely dont understand why people dont include mental ability as a talent, its a key one) they are not much better than us, if at all. There are some very ordinary players in that liverpool side, but they have the right mentality to see out pressure and to win games.

A strong mentality allowed them to soak up the pressure at the start (how many shots did we have for example?) and then they knew they could break is down as we were just running around like idiots tiring ourselves out. They let us do that as they were under no real pressure and then picked us off.

So what did we do? Did we adapt? No we just started panicking and hoofing it because collectively we lack brains and we too knackered to do anything else.

It wasnt a question of footballing talent at all.

Everton always bottle it, and Liverpool should have been no where near our box deep in injury time, we should have been at their end going for it.

but we werent.

Everton always lack quality when it comes to the crunch against top sides (and yes the RS have quite a few players much better than what we have). flashbacks to the 'almost' group campagin of the CL, 2 FA Cup Semi final losses (RS, Mancs), FA Cup final loss when ahead in first minute, League Cup semi final loss when ahead in first leg.

All these were recent enough games and EFC always come up short. Sick to the death of this by now. Everton badly need a cup but lack real quality and also it seems need to see some shrink of sorts to overcome this mental barrier.

:pint2::pint2::pint2::pint2::pint2::pint2::pint2::pint2::pint2::pint2:

Status
Not open for further replies.