Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Contracts expiring

Huge opportunity next summer to refresh the squad. We also need to keep an eye on those with contracts expiring in 2026/2027 as we dont want good players going into the last year of their deals...

GK: Crellin / Virginia
DF: Coleman / Young / Keane / Holgate
MF: Gana / Doucoure
WF: Lindstrom / Harrison
ST: Maupay / DCL

Every single one of these should be sold if an offer comes in (apart from the loans).

Alright. Can I just ask..

When did Mykolenko suddenly because a bad player in the eyes of many? he was, by and large, great last season...
He wasn't great, he was palatable.
He's a limited player who's ability to defend gets massively over hyped due to lack of options at left back.
Branthwaite did a lot of heavy lifting for him last season.

Seems like a good guy and honest professional, he's just so terrible on the eye. Always has been

He wasn't great, he was palatable.
He's a limited player who's ability to defend gets massively over hyped due to lack of options at left back.
Branthwaite did a lot of heavy lifting for him last season.

Seems like a good guy and honest professional, he's just so terrible on the eye. Always has been
This is just flat out a lie.

Match threads & his own player thread where filled with praised for him across last season, particularly around Christmas time, with only a bit of a drop of in the last quarter after he got injured and Gana's form picking up meant that he was getting MOTM himself regularly. At one point, he was well ahead of Branthwaite in MOTM votes.

GOT's own Player of the Season polls last season...

1724145110805.webp

1724145223657.webp

Huge opportunity next summer to refresh the squad. We also need to keep an eye on those with contracts expiring in 2026/2027 as we dont want good players going into the last year of their deals...

GK: Crellin / Virginia
DF: Coleman / Young / Keane / Holgate
MF: Gana / Doucoure
WF: Lindstrom / Harrison
ST: Maupay / DCL

GK: Tyrer
DF: Mykolenko / Tarkowski
MF: Garner

GK: Pickford
DF: Branthwaite / Patterson
MF: Iroegbunam
WF: McNeil
ST: Chermiti / Beto

DF: O'Brien

MF: Ndiaye
Would we not have the same problem if no takeover still because the club is meant be ok with psr it it is just the cash available

Match threads & his own player thread where filled with praised for him across last season, particularly around Christmas time, with only a bit of a drop of in the last quarter after he got injured and Gana's form picking up meant that he was getting MOTM himself regularly. At one point, he was well ahead of Branthwaite in MOTM votes.

View attachment 269746

View attachment 269747
My opinion mate. I'm sure he did perform well in certain games and moments last season, the law of averages would suggest that. But i also remember before Branthwaite slotted in there he looked absolute pants.
I'm allowed one of them aren't i? Or do i have to agree with the polls?
Did you vote conservative before this years election because everybody else did?

Really? We only paid for up to 17m for him. He's a full international with a market value of c. 24m. He's a good player and we would get a fee higher than we did, definitely at least 20m if we decided to sell but he should be kept.
I don't think so personally, but i could be wrong, i didn't think we would get over £40m for Onana

My opinion mate. I'm sure he did perform well in certain games and moments last season, the law of averages would suggest that. But i also remember before Branthwaite slotted in there he looked absolute pants.
I'm allowed one of them aren't i? Or do i have to agree with the polls?
Did you vote conservative before this years election because everybody else did?
Obviously not mate. My views on Myko are entirely my own and they happen to reflect the general fan sentiment from last season..

We see these lists every bloody year.

Next year we will be itching to get Tarkowski, Garner & Mykolenko off the wage bill and waiting to ditch McNeil, Patterson & Beto to free up much needed funds. Plus Seamus & Young who got renewed contract in 2025
Thought the exact same every year “ some big earners leaving “ never makes a baldy bit of difference

View attachment 269746

View attachment 269747

Really? We only paid for up to 17m for him. He's a full international with a market value of c. 24m. He's a good player and we would get a fee higher than we did, definitely at least 20m if we decided to sell but he should be kept.

Antonio Conte wanted Mykolenko at Napoli this summer.

Unai Emery just brought in Onana.

Two players that are apparently...blah blah blah.

Anyway, key point is lots happening on the contract fronts...or not as the case may be ;)

It's worrying that so many are out of contract next year. Especially in defence. We have to completely rebuild which would be exciting if we weren't skint. It's also worrying because Branthwaite is as good as gone next year.

Myko and Garner should be offered new long term deals. Tarkowski should be offered a two year deal with option for one more.
They are all finished here.

If we play it right Branners pays for a new defence.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back