Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Contracts expiring

They are all finished here.

If we play it right Branners pays for a new defence.
Of course, but it's not great having to do a major rebuild in one area of the side. Ideally you'd chip in with one or two along the way, which we have done with O'Brien this summer but we are on track to having to buy around 3 defenders in one summer.

Of course, but it's not great having to do a major rebuild in one area of the side. Ideally you'd chip in with one or two along the way, which we have done with O'Brien this summer but we are on track to having to buy around 3 defenders in one summer.
True, but they are either crap or semi-retired.

It's not like we are replacing 3 or 4 of the spine.

True, but they are either crap or semi-retired.

It's not like we are replacing 3 or 4 of the spine.
We will be because we will be replacing our RB and LCB (I think Branthwaite is off next summer and I just don't see Patto as a RB under Dyche...but happy to be proven wrong) so that leaves us with two CBs, one RB and one LB.

Obviously not mate. My views on Myko are entirely my own and they happen to reflect the general fan sentiment from last season..
Be interesting to put a poll up.

Was the run of motm you were highlighting a random run of form?, over zealous praise? a favorable character over eggs a semi decent performance?

I don't see any sort of shout from anyone outside of Everton thinking 'that Mykolenko looks a good player'

It's worrying that so many are out of contract next year. Especially in defence. We have to completely rebuild which would be exciting if we weren't skint. It's also worrying because Branthwaite is as good as gone next year.

Myko and Garner should be offered new long term deals. Tarkowski should be offered a two year deal with option for one more.

It's why I don't understand some of the angst over spending on O'Brien this season. We only have two CBs under contract for 24/25 and one of them is likely to leave. The other is bound to start showing his age at some point.

It's why I don't understand some of the angst over spending on O'Brien this season. We only have two CBs under contract for 24/25 and one of them is likely to leave. The other is bound to start showing his age at some point.
100% agree with this. We have purchased O'Brien at exactly the right time.

The only question is why on Earth did Tugboat Keane start against Brighton? Obviously should have been Tarks & O'Brien at CB.

GK: Crellin / Virginia
DF: Coleman / Young / Keane / Holgate
MF: Gana / Doucoure
WF: Lindstrom / Harrison
ST: Maupay / DCL

Add to this Branthwaite who we fully expect to go inside the next 12 months. Plus the likes of Beto, Patterson and maybe even Tarkowski who will be looking to move on in the next 12 months, too.

What it means is that we have 15-16 players in the squad who all fully expect to be leaving the club very soon.

What sort of dressing room will that create?

Unless we get an owner who invests I imagine most will be extended...

I could see Coleman, Keane & Gana getting an extra year, Could see the club taking the option and extending Doucoure.. how utterly depressing

Imagine Holgate and Maupay will go or be released at the end of thier contracts.

I've always been a big DCL fan, but I think it's now for the best if the club moves him on unless he's willing to sign, which I don't think he will.
100% that if Dyche is still here end of season that Keane will get another year. Coleman and Gana, I'm not so sure.

100% that if Dyche is still here end of season that Keane will get another year. Coleman and Gana, I'm not so sure.
Pretty sure Coleman will make the move into coaching. He knows his legs are shot.

I actually don’t think Keane will get an extension. He’s dropped down the pecking order already and is on a hefty salary. In our current state, bringing in younger and cheaper is going to take precedence.

Add to this Branthwaite who we fully expect to go inside the next 12 months. Plus the likes of Beto, Patterson and maybe even Tarkowski who will be looking to move on in the next 12 months, too.

What it means is that we have 15-16 players in the squad who all fully expect to be leaving the club very soon.

What sort of dressing room will that create?
This is my concern. While there’s a fair few of those players who I’ll be happy to see gone, my concern what we will have left in our squad.

It’s all well and good these players leaving, yet we will need to bring players in to the squad, and I ain’t sure how we’ll finance such a build.

This is my concern. While there’s a fair few of those players who I’ll be happy to see gone, my concern what we will have left in our squad.

It’s all well and good these players leaving, yet we will need to bring players in to the squad, and I ain’t sure how we’ll finance such a build.

The greater concern for me is how it affects the teams performances this season.

Last season the team was relatively settled, when the number of players who considered themselves to be in their final months at the club was 6-8. It’s now double that.

If the vast majority of the playing squad already has one eye on their next move, what atmosphere does that create and what effect does that have on their individual performances this season?

Pretty sure Coleman will make the move into coaching. He knows his legs are shot.

I actually don’t think Keane will get an extension. He’s dropped down the pecking order already and is on a hefty salary. In our current state, bringing in younger and cheaper is going to take precedence.

Yeah, he made 12 appearances overall last season, the least he's made in a season since he was 18.

The idea that he's Dyche's favorite is not supported by reality.

Huge opportunity next summer to refresh the squad. We also need to keep an eye on those with contracts expiring in 2026/2027 as we dont want good players going into the last year of their deals...

GK: Crellin / Virginia
DF: Coleman / Young / Keane / Holgate
MF: Gana / Doucoure
WF: Lindstrom / Harrison
ST: Maupay / DCL

GK: Tyrer
DF: Mykolenko / Tarkowski
MF: Garner

GK: Pickford
DF: Branthwaite / Patterson
MF: Iroegbunam
WF: McNeil
ST: Chermiti / Beto

DF: O'Brien

MF: Ndiaye

Thought you’d like this mate!

Our total contract years is 8 years more then Ashley Young!

1724167224739.png

Thought you’d like this mate!

Our total contract years is 8 years more then Ashley Young!

View attachment 269802

Interesting stat there.

You'd have to look at this as glass half full with a new stadium and a sub-par squad who are ripe for a rebuild.

Thelwell is making progress, this season he needs to get our better players tied down for another 4 years. At least then it protects their value.

Exciting times when you see the dross moving out the door next summer.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back