Covid impact on Everton and clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s the ‘bigger clubs ‘ who maximise gate receipts who’ll really be hurt by this . The RS , United , spurs with the NFL and new stadium .

I’m sure I read the RS take about 91m a season in match day revenue which I’m assuming isn’t factoring in the big spend from day tripper fans in the club shop so it could easily be £100m. Ours is around £16/18m or something . When you look at the sky revenue as in our case over £120m and in theirs over £200m the percentage of lost income looks huge . Especially when our owner or owners seems willing to continue to back us .

A lot of businesses carry , 'business interruption insurance' this should payout due to the law preventing paying customers to enter the premises. However, British insurance companies are well snide when it comes to paying out.

Levy was hoping to have corporate fans bk in the ground in the next game or 2 all paying around 1k -15k each. Spurs are really in trouble now

A lot of businesses carry , 'business interruption insurance' this should payout due to the law preventing paying customers to enter the premises. However, British insurance companies are well snide when it comes to paying out.

In the States this is already being hotly litigated in thousands of suits, as are matters pertaining to enforceability of contracts due to COVID interruptions. There may well be payouts but it's far from a settled question. It will take years to sort it all out.

I dont think it will hurt us that much, not compared to other clubs with big ambitions. Our season tickets were cheaper anyway, Goodison as a stadium dosent make much, it's fine.

There was a news story last year (can't find it, though) which said there are about 10 clubs who could play in front of an empty stadium because the vast majority of revenue comes from elsewhere. Everton was one of those clubs. I imagine the rats over the park are sweating a bit though.
The rats have had to rethink their mode of transport for the *Asterisk* victory parade .
only able to afford a booking for a single decker now ...shame :p

Screenshot_20200922-154210_Samsung Internet.jpg

It'll hurt teams more who are reliant on matchday revenue. For Everton we can probably survive on the TV money most supporters being STH tend to cram into Goodison 5-10 minutes before kick off rather than the old Thomas Cook experience and be spending fortunes on merchandise etc. So yes teams like SPurs, Liverpool will be affected slightly more.

I'm more concerned about the state of the general football league pyramid lower leagues and non leagues than what's going to happen to Everton.

Already been a court case telling insurance companies to pay out as they refused to.

Status
Not open for further replies.