Covid impact on Everton and clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct they did.

Also it won't affect clubs like Spurs as much as you think. The hospitality packages had to be bought for 5 years up front.. but they used that money to help pay for the stadium.
Nice wedge from Bank of England by way of loan too - 0.5% interest until April with a probable 12month rollover.
Would never have happened under Blue boy Mark Carney or arch Villa supporter Mervyn King's watch!!!

[/URL]

I hope we will be ok, and I pray that most clubs, especially lower and non league, get through this without going under, though it's difficult to see how they can?!

The amount of clubs & leagues we have, and the relatively high standard of our professional game (even at lower levels) is what makes England unique in world football.

Some of these clubs have been around for hundreds of years and are the bedrock of their respective communities - it would be a travesty if any clubs cease to be, and the richest in the game should be joining forces to stop it.

On a personal note, I'm really gutted that I won't be inside Goodison anytime soon, watching stardust from Hamez in the flesh.

Luckily EPL has by far the best TV contract in the football world. The money will still roll in

There's definitely going to be an impact on teams if there's another six months of this, though.

They already have to pay back money to some broadcasters last year.

Everyone has been impacted. Obviously the clubs down the pyramid that suffer most and many could go bust if the government don't intervene.

just listening to a podcast here talking about Cheltenham 2021, as it stands they are working their finances on the likelyhood that it will not go ahead. Grim

Just hope that the covid cases rise doesn't lead to another suspension of the season.

Don't think it will, though there I imagine there'll be several games postponed at some point due to it.

We have to take into account that far more tests are being done as well.

And the teams operate in bubbles as much as possible. No media are back working full time at Everton, for example. Probably won't be until next year now.

The players are tested before every game, too.

Don't think it will, though there I imagine there'll be several games postponed at some point due to it.

We have to take into account that far more tests are being done as well.

And the teams operate in bubbles as much as possible. No media are back working full time at Everton, for example. Probably won't be until next year now.

The players are tested before every game, too.

I do worry about the players and the fans. I have seen pictures of James with fans and no masks being worn and also saw the echo falls handout on Saturday.

I know players wanna be nice but they need to just say no to fans right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.