Crystal Palace v Everton 31 January 2015 - From the Palace end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're putting one player's needs ahead of the teams to be honest.

Lukaku plays crap today. Drop him out of the squad?

Baines plays crap today. Drop him out of the squad?

Coleman and so on and so on.

Either way Barkley is on the bench. Probably best to deal with it mate.
No of course not. Barkley hasn't just been playing bad for a few games. It's been all season and I've been one of his biggest apologists. I'm also not one of those people who think he's worthless now. I still think he will be a star but at the moment he looks slow both in thought and in movement. Disinterested when it comes to defence and most of all lost. He's a young player and they go through that but when they do they sometimes need a break. Sterling went though something similar a few years ago.

I have a good feeling today that we are going to win,the pressure is on palace abit now as they are on an unbeaten run and when you take it for granted that you will keep winning,that when you mess up.Also we are better than them.

Any links for a decent stream?

River-Stream-1.jpg

I think it's the right decision to drop Barkley. I along with many, many others have been crying out for two wingers all season and one of them had to be dropped, because let's be honest, Barry will never ever be displaced out of this squad no matter how questionable his performances become (I also think he has improved a little recently but it's still true). Barkley has looked disappointing recently with a complete and utter lack of desire to drive the midfield forward, the ability for which we all love him so much for. His growth has stalled a little, and perhaps this benching will get him to buck up a little bit. COYB! Let's do these.

I would think that I was being given an opportunity to show that I'm worthy of a starting place next time. I don't think we'd be allowed to put three players on to cover Barkley.
Exactly you would be angry at the manager and want to prove him wrong but while you might want to do that and even if you did your confidence wouldn't allow it so all you would be left with is the anger.

You need to allow him the time to go through the anger at being dropped and come to understand why he's dropped. Then he would be ready to play. Unfortunately I would have done it last game so there would be a chance he would be ready for the derby. Although maybe Martinez is hoping that bringing him on this game will sort him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back