Crystal Palace v Everton 31 January 2015 - From the Palace end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reflecting on this, that's the kind of match I would have expected Moyes to win yesterday same way. Much needed, just buck down and win. Now let's win the next ten and call it a day.

I am not we would have held on there yesterday under Moyes..

Certainly not during the late Moyes era.

What struck me in the latter stages yesterday was the way we kept coming forward.

Lukaku, McGeady and Naisy all had chances to close out the game.

Moyes woukd have had Lukaku off and Disdin on with twenty minutes to go and Palace would have been pouring firward in search of an equaliser the way Fulham, Reading and Norwich among others were allowed back into games we were controlling in Moyes's final season.

The second half yesterday was more like the Bobby of last season....protecting a single goal lead by trying to score another goal to seal the deal.

And even when Lukaku did come off at the death, he was replaced by another striker, Kone, who was very effective in keeping the ball in their half to run the game diwn away from our danger zone.

Moyes would not have done that.

Boss weekend so far. Won $250 playing poker last night and the Blues, for once, don't throw away a lead. Friend's birthday party tonight -- with birds all over the gaff -- and the Super Bowl tomorrow. I pull tonight and the Seahawks win tomorrow (a mate who's a Patriots fan spotted me 6 1/2 points in a pick 'em game, easy $20) and I may have to seek medical assistance because of an erection lasting more than four hours.

By the way, three for three so far. Come on you Seahawks!

I am not we would have held on there yesterday under Moyes..

Certainly not during the late Moyes era.

What struck me in the latter stages yesterday was the way we kept coming forward.

Lukaku, McGeady and Naisy all had chances to close out the game.

Moyes woukd have had Lukaku off and Disdin on with twenty minutes to go and Palace would have been pouring firward in search of an equaliser the way Fulham, Reading and Norwich among others were allowed back into games we were controlling in Moyes's final season.

The second half yesterday was more like the Bobby of last season....protecting a single goal lead by trying to score another goal to seal the deal.

And even when Lukaku did come off at the death, he was replaced by another striker, Kone, who was very effective in keeping the ball in their half to run the game diwn away from our danger zone.

Moyes would not have done that.

Yes sir.

Rode our luck for most of the game, created little till late on, Broken nose, one goal away from caving in, 2 shots on target (one bouncing off lukaku into the net) I was watching it hiding behind the couch for 89 minutes.

After the first 15 mins it was easy, they never looked like scoring.

I think Chamakh going off played a big part in that as there 2 strikers were dreadful but regardless of that, it was easy.

We fought hard and played as a team yesterday.

Can't argue with that.

Considering we seemed to average about 3 conceded goals per game in the latter half of 2014, we now seem to have found a bit of defensive robustness again, having only conceded 3 goals (in normal time) in our last 5 games! And those games include clean sheets against Palace and West Brom. Clean sheets! Remember those?

Besic is a joy to watch at the minute, he has strength, speed, awareness and can pass the ball. It is amazing how quickly he has adapted to this league.

It is nice to see Robles command his area. Our defence seem to trust him now.

McGeady should make a career move into acting in Shakespeare tragedies, such is his level of self-inflicted misery. He had a decent game by his recent standards, but that moment when he worked hard to dispossess the Palace left back before proceeding to smash it into no mans land, before doing his puppy dog face and jogging back to his position. Jesus... I think we should hire a club shrink to find out why he does it to himself?

Oh well, onwards and upwards!

We played well enough yesterday and the away support as always was really good .. Positives and negatives for me as follows
Positive. Robles looking better every game. Might be worth keeping him in the team now -besic - going to be a super player . Stones and jags were solid ..Rom put in a serious shift , needs more support but never stopped running - Barry broke up lot of play and was better than of late - Kone looked ok and held ball up well at end - Naismith , usual 100% effort - team spirit also seemed good
Negative - baines and coleman still not really firing and need to find a wAy to get them back attacking - mcgeady/ Martinez dont get this at all - why is he picked all the time - out of position all of the time - no end product and I think he is just pretending to be a footballer - final negative is 'we don't need any more players !!! We do !! Happy with the win anyway and hopefully more of same next week . COYB

Could it be they are under instructios from RM to hold back? Seems strange that both are doing this.
Opposing FBs used to mark our wingers. Now they mark our FBs. Baines in particular always has a man marking him whenever he's in the opposition half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back