Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime we win at home its an event. Leeds and Newcastle. Like we are so starved of wins and in such trouble that we sick the life out of a win v Newcastle at home. Likenkt was a cup final. Manager breaking his hand. People in euphoria. Newcastle ffs.

Said it before but I think our back line would struggle in the Championship. They get bullied
Forest and Fulham would beat us easy
Forest and Fulham will probably both go up this season along with Bournemouth. There isn’t much quality in the Championship beyond the top 2-3 teams each year. Nothing to be afraid of if it happens and no reason we wouldn’t be able to go straight back up. But a good start would be vital - Stoke fell apart when they went down despite what looked a good squad their first year down and have never recovered.

Forest and Fulham will probably both go up this season along with Bournemouth. There isn’t much quality in the Championship beyond the top 2-3 teams each year. Nothing to be afraid of if it happens and no reason we wouldn’t be able to go straight back up. But a good start would be vital - Stoke fell apart when they went down despite what looked a good squad their first year down and have never recovered.
You could be right but I worry about our fight and desire. Let's hope it stays theoretical.

Everytime we win at home its an event. Leeds and Newcastle. Like we are so starved of wins and in such trouble that we sick the life out of a win v Newcastle at home. Likenkt was a cup final. Manager breaking his hand. People in euphoria. Newcastle ffs.
It was an important game for our survival and we scored an injury time winner with 10men. Of course people celebrated

It was an important game for our survival and we scored an injury time winner with 10men. Of course people celebrated

100% this. We were pretty terrible for most of that match but we managed a little moment of brilliance to win the day. I just don't get why we can't make it look so easy more often. Coleman reading the play and winning that ball was so crucial. Iwobi beating the first defender with a simple move followed by a simple first time finish.

Dave Watson scores Everton’s first goal against Crystal Palace in this Football League Cup Third Round Replay played at Selhurst Park, London on the 10th November 1993.

Kids take note. This is a real player. The charlatans you saw in a jarg Vitesse away kit today are not players. They are hired mercenaries and do not represent the values of Everton Football Club. Nine-time league champions, five-time FA Cup winners, and one-time iTunes chart toppers.

Thank you for listening and understanding. FTRS and laugh at your plastic mates who think they are Salah.

NO 3 CBs again... 3 CBs doesnt mean it will improve the defence ...at least for us.
And changing manager again doesnt help the team. We have two weeks to adjust us again...
Hope we can end the season well...

Most in the Championship would

A lot more aggressive in the Championship, I fear our cowards would be even worse in that division.

Agree, it's a poor Championship league this year, only Fulham have stood out, everyone else can and have been beaten

The worst thing about this result is it has completely destroyed the feel good factor from the Newcastle game. The mood has taken a dramatic drop from Friday morning. I thought that game was the one that was going to kick start us, now we’re back in the doldrums. I’m glad Frank has called them out, it’s what they need so it’ll be interesting to see who responds to tough love and the ones who will wilt away, I think we know who they are.

They all switched off there pretty horribly. But Holgate in particular. What was he doing he literally walked 5 steps across the box like he was about to run out for a quick one in the Winslow. And that was before saha even struck the ball. He turned around just in time to witness the goal. I wouldn't even expect that from a lazy Le Tissier type striker.

But from your centre half. Criminal.

This is how you feel playing Everton after scoring. You look to God with a cheesey smile wondering what have you done to get such luck.

20220321_083531.jpg

They all switched off there pretty horribly. But Holgate in particular. What was he doing he literally walked 5 steps across the box like he was about to run out for a quick one in the Winslow. And that was before saha even struck the ball. He turned around just in time to witness the goal. I wouldn't even expect that from a lazy Le Tissier type striker.

But from your centre half. Criminal.
Watching this time and time again and can't believe how they 'switch off', wonder if they all jetting off to somewhere in the sun this morning?, no doubt endless posts on Instagram on some yacht to look forward to.

The trouble is when we concede one goal you can see the fear of conceding another rather than rolling their sleeves up and saying let’s get back into this and I don’t think that’s tactical that a fear mentality.
That's what I was thinking watching Leeds the other day , there heads don't drop and are always still in the game.
Our lot concede one goal and they are done.They start to feel sorry for themselves like petulant kids and resort to petty fouls and late challenges playing straight into the opposition's hands as all it does is break the game up

Status
Not open for further replies.