Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the theory but in reality that could destroy some of those kids. We don't know how good they are yet - and this doesn't feel like the right time to find out.
Yep.....the theory looks ok. But matches aren't won on theory. But could that team really be much worse that what we have been in recent weeks. Beat 5-0. And now 4-0. All in two weeks. Would a team of youngsters be much worse? And it's West Ham away next.
So that's Coleman ...Holgate...Keane and Kenny shoring up the defence. God help us. DVDB and Gomes bossing the midfield. God almighty. And our forwards scoring for fun. What is it now? One goal in six league matches. Naw.........not for me. Lampard needs to change things around. . Mix things up. Play the kids. Theory or not. Can they be much worse.
Play our plodders against West Ham. And it's another defeat. Most likely another collapse.
Play .....Stick with that bunch that played yesterday , and we will go down. This is beyond a joke. We go a goal down.......we then collapse. Awful football. Awful team . Awful team selection. Just awful.
So I'd also go for Romanreigns team. Shake things up. Get shot of the plodders. Give the youngsters a proper chance.
Lampard doesn't do something soon. It's the championship next season. And Lampard is gone. And even if we do survive , and then approach next season with the same useless bunch of players. We are relegated before christmas. May as well change things now. Or there are a few more 4-0 and 5-0 defeats coming our way. You see.......our players don't know how to change any of that. Let's hope that Lampard does.

-------------------Pickford--------------------

Pattterson--Branthwaite---Welch-----Mykolenko

------------Allan--Price---Onyango--------------

Gordon----------Dobbin---------------Richarlison

screw the rest of the team and play the kids
I don’t see why Richarlison still gets in but others don’t, he runs a lot but mostly into other players bodies.

Just listened to the guardian football podcast and Troy Townsend was on. Understandably he seemed concerned about his son and the injury.

However, he then proceeded to say later on that if Everton fans were more consistent this season then we wouldn’t be in the situation we are. While I have argued that the players need our support when we can, that is not how it should be at all.

These are professionals and should have pride in their own performance without us as fans having to try and drag them over the line. I just thought that comment from someone directly connected to the dressing room is a bad indication of the mentality of our squad

I pointed this out in the match thread yesterday but if you pay close attention to whoever doesn't have the ball, you can see where this is directly on the players.

First half , we have it right hand side of our box, we have 1 player ahead of the ball on the entire right side. No midfielders coming across , just a giant gap on the right side.

Second half , richarlison on the left , has time to whip it into the box under very little pressure. When the ball came in, I counted 6 palace players either in the box or around the box. We had one , lewen. Not a single other player saw richarlison with the ball and ran to give options.

Watch when we concede in the box most weeks. I can guarantee you we have 2/3/4 defenders around the ball who have not done anything to close the space. The Brighton goal back in Jan we had either 4/5 players beaten by a shot.

When we attack we have players occupying the same 5 yard space as each other. There is never any structure to our attacks. If richarlison has the ball , guaranteed that gray Gordon lewen will all be within 5/10 yards of him rather than being somewhere that could cause a threat.

These players are told where to be , what to do etc before they go on the pitch. Doesn't matter the manager, they all have a game plan each. So when none of them move or play like footballers who play together most weeks then you have to ask questions.

Go back to the derby where we lost to their kids. Entire second half peado and schniederlin weren't showing for the ball and it kept going back to the defence, much like that clip from yesterday.

Our fundamental culture at the club is not to play as a team. Most of these players have been together for a few years now, yet they look constantly like they have never met before.

So you have to ask yourself the question , if the players are doing the same thing, IE not playing as a team, no matter who the manager is, no matter who the player is.

Then what is the problem at Everton?

Been playing like this for years, it bores and frustrates the hell out of me. I just don't get it, we pass it around like that for a couple of minutes and if we don't lose possession....the ball just ends up going to Pickford who hoof's it anyway.
Players like Digne come to us as an attacking full back, 1 season later with us they resort to passing it backward every time. You watch most of our players next game and they already have it there mind to pass it backwards as soon as they get the ball. I cant for the lift of me understand how any of our managers don't after each game, play back these clips to the players and threaten with dropping them if they do the same again next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.