Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
VAR ignores anything that might favour EFC. This is not paranoia just reality.
This is the reality @Bluerover.
There a stupid line the pundits roll out to move on from any situation that doesn't affect the Scab Six, vis; These decisions always go against you when you are at the bottom.
Utter crap! You are at the bottom BECAUSE these decisions go against you.
Not the only reason you are at the bottom, but a major contributor. Imagine being a player and you are denied advantage because of a minor incident. Now imagine how you would feel to see a much worse infringement by your opponents and play being allowed to continue.
Extend this over the course of a season and heads/temperament/confidence will be shot.

Hand balls during todays game were deemed 'legitimate'. Cast your mind back a couple of games ago when the ball smacks Richy in the face from almost point-blank, rolls down his chest and brushes his hand. No time to react, totally accidental, ball neither changes pace or direction, keeper out of position and not a defender in sight and the ball zips into the net. No protest whatsoever from the defending players. Then the whistler is told by some faceless creep 200 miles away to look for handball. Surprise sursoddingprise, 15 seconds later it is ruled out for handball. Ally Mcoist called the decision "ridiculous" as Richy had no time to halt his run or direction and did not move his hand towards the ball.

Ipso Facto,,,,,,,,,,, the case rests.

This is the reality @Bluerover.
There a stupid line the pundits roll out to move on from any situation that doesn't affect the Scab Six, vis; These decisions always go against you when you are at the bottom.
Utter crap! You are at the bottom BECAUSE these decisions go against you.
Not the only reason you are at the bottom, but a major contributor. Imagine being a player and you are denied advantage because of a minor incident. Now imagine how you would feel to see a much worse infringement by your opponents and play being allowed to continue.
Extend this over the course of a season and heads/temperament/confidence will be shot.

Hand balls during todays game were deemed 'legitimate'. Cast your mind back a couple of games ago when the ball smacks Richy in the face from almost point-blank, rolls down his chest and brushes his hand. No time to react, totally accidental, ball neither changes pace or direction, keeper out of position and not a defender in sight and the ball zips into the net. No protest whatsoever from the defending players. Then the whistler is told by some faceless creep 200 miles away to look for handball. Surprise sursoddingprise, 15 seconds later it is ruled out for handball. Ally Mcoist called the decision "ridiculous" as Richy had no time to halt his run or direction and did not move his hand towards the ball.

Ipso Facto,,,,,,,,,,, the case rests.
Quod erat demonstrandum. There is a rotten stink coming from what we are seeing.

No excuse for dreadful play on the field but really we get screwed

The result flattered CP. With Townsend pulling out that up set our play, Gray did not fit in that well. The last two goals were fortunate. rebound off a post to be tapped in and the next Pickford palmed out to be tapped - why were they not marked ?

In reality we were not good enough.

OK, i know nothing about the match apart from the result, can someone give me a one liner please? I can't invest any more emotion and time than that.
Or maybe at most a couple of words for each:
why did we lose?
how was it 4-0?
who was our best player?
who was our worst?
- We lost because Palace are a better team than us, more athletic, more competitive and have more quality than we do.
- 4-0 was a fair reflection on the game, they could have had more and we didn't threaten them
- Townsend because before he went off we were playing with some intensity and he was a part of it.
- Possibly Gomes, but there is so much choice here I wouldn't disagree with any player being our worst today.

We just gave up, waved the white flag, feel sorry for the away being served that.

OK, i know nothing about the match apart from the result, can someone give me a one liner please? I can't invest any more emotion and time than that.
Or maybe at most a couple of words for each:
why did we lose?
how was it 4-0?
who was our best player?
who was our worst?
Palace clearly had more desire than us. We played fairly well without making any real chances for about 20 minutes; Townsend got injured and that didn't help us. There were hand balls in the lead up to Palace's second and fourth goals but to be honest 4 - 0 didn't flatter them, the heart went out of our team as soon as they scored. Best player? There wasn't one. Worst - choose one out of eight or nine - Gomes was one strong contender but you could name most of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.