Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't the best player in the first half though was he. Lewin was by an absolute country mile. Williams had a good first half. Rooney shown some nice touches... why was Martina what did he do to warrant that?

Rooney was average again! To be fair he missed half the first half due to having his eye elbowed out but still.

Lewin was my man of the match. But he was better second half for me.

Martina kept possession well and actually defended well (for him).

I think you are getting a bit mixed up here, I am not saying I love him or he was playing like Cafu today, I am just saying that he was fine today, made some good runs, put in some good tackles and generally looked busy. I am not proclaiming him to be anything but average but if people think he was awful today then the lad stands no chance at all with some of our fan base.

...Martina is ok. He's a fine crosser of a football but he's a 'safe' crosser of a football. Give him the ball in the top third, one touch and he delivers. If you're up top you know what to expect, you know you have a chance.

The most dangerous and productive crosses come from the bye-line. I don't see Martina getting the ball and driving past his opposite number. He's ok, but I prefer greater risk.

The defender debate is probably more significant. My concern is that even when he closes his wide man down he rarely stops the cross. He's a fine big athlete but I think the best part of his game is crossing.

You said he was our best player until he was subbed - he wasn't

The crosses he hit today were inaccurate and piss weak so they lacked pace. Kenny did more in 20 minutes at both ends of the pitch

In your opinion.

Saying he wasn't doesn't make you right. Nor does it make me right of course.

The fact that we are so polarized in our opinion of him today probably says his performance is somewhere in the middle right? So why are some people slating him for today? He was fine!

In your opinion.

Saying he wasn't doesn't make you right. Nor does it make me right of course.

The fact that we are so polarized in our opinion of him today probably says his performance is somewhere in the middle right? So why are some people slating him for today? He was fine!
He was wasteful on numerous occasions and did his usual of standing off the opponent allowing cheap crosses into the box. He was poor

Oh grow up lad. Welcome to the internet stop making out we should all be nice and hold hands because we support the same club it's embarrassing

You seem to be fuming. After Everton won a game too. Why do you have a boner at getting angry at Evertonians?

DCL was your MOTM but never once was a threat in front of goal.

You seem to be fuming. After Everton won a game too. Why do you have a boner at getting angry at Evertonians?

DCL was your MOTM but never once was a threat in front of goal.

Good one mate dead funny you. Who's fuming? I'm reacting to someone saying Martina was the best player on the pitch until he went off which he clearly weren't. Typical response FUMING COZ EVERTON WON. Be telling me I'm a 'bedwetter" next.

Good one mate dead funny you. Who's fuming? I'm reacting to someone saying Martina was the best player on the pitch until he went off which he clearly weren't. Typical response FUMING COZ EVERTON WON. Be telling me I'm a 'bedwetter" next.

Embrace tho cosy Cuco chaos and relax a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back