Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to change up pretty fast. If we got someone in like Bertrand, for example, it'd take less than a game for everyone to appreciate just how poorly we're being served now by Baines.

It really is just sentimental old tosh keeping him on as a starter. If the likes of Baines are starting games for Everton it's a sure sign that we're not serious about progressing.

Just get a starting LB in and demote Baines to the bench. That's what any top club would do.
I understand your view and I do agree that people overstate Baines semi-recent (last two seasons) contribution, or at least to an extent.

On the other hand, I equally do feel that you're understating his contributions. Yet, perhaps competition would be a catalyst to find his best again!

Unless we spent big bucks I think we'd find it difficult to find someone to match Baines on his day, but maybe he does need a proverbial kick up...

Unfortunately however, with other areas of the squad needing relatively urgent strengthening I doubt it'll be on the top of Walsh's to do list.

I agree with Dave.

Lets just get in a starting LB and drop Baines. Make an offer to a club for an LB we want, then when they play the game that all clubs do and say no we want £10 million more than he's worth lets just pay it.

Sure, we'd be getting had off and it would be a sign that Koeman is reckless with his spending and that the board are allowing him to throw money around with reckless abandoment.

We'd be a laughing stock in the football world like when we overpaid for Klaassen and Pickford but we should just get a starting LB in.

That's what top clubs do.

+1.

...I love Baines, proper footballer. He's certainly behind Ray Wilson and probably the very underrated Van den Hauwe but he's a little maestro of a footballer. My concern with him is that he looks a bit brittle physically. I'm of a view that this league catches up with players, particularly those of smaller stature. It happened with Pienaar and to a certain extent Cahill.

Baines is still a mighty fine footballer. Koeman says he's the best in possession sessions which isn't a surprise given his wizardry in tight situations but I fear he'll struggle physically so we need a really good back up. It's time for a transition process I reckon.

Quite right...you can see @nsno-chris above as one of the usual culprits and his posting style.

Funny as I also picked out Stek as being a poor signing...deja-vu

Lol

Pipe down Zat, you're not some football scout king pin who has an in-depth knowledge of all players across the globe. You play Fifa, watch YouTube then give your bizarre opinion that anyone over the age of 20 is not good enough.

Cos your post suggests only top players know how to rate a player and ordinary fans don't know what they're talking about

Does it? nope. My posts assumes that a manager who works day to day with the players as well as liaising with the u23 manager, who sees these guys on an almost daily basis, is in a far better position to judge a players potential better than that of someone who has never been involved in the professional game at all.

So no, try again

Lol

Pipe down Zat, you're not some football scout king pin who has an in-depth knowledge of all players across the globe. You play Fifa, watch YouTube then give your bizarre opinion that anyone over the age of 20 is not good enough.

Are you over 20? If so, your post is 'not good enough'.

Are you over 20? If so, your post is 'not good enough'.

giphy.gif

I don't get why people are saying he can cross. His delivery on Thursday was poor.

I agree also.
Questions of Koeman need to be asked as to why he went in for a player of this calibre. It does not align with the talk from the club that we are aiming for top four. If that was true this guy wouldn't have been signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back