Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
i suggest Khal, that the tendency toward confirmation bias is strong in you. OK, we all get you don't rate Cuco. I think he's probably got a lot of people who rate him. Who is right and who is wrong? At the end of the day mate, you ALL are right and wrong. It's Schrödinger's cat.
Me? I think it's a little too early to form a strong opinion on Cuco. I think I need to see him play a bit more. I think on reflection, you would probably want a little more time as well. I am certain, on this we are in agreement. Cheers :pint2:
Agreed but as a back up to Seamus, Holgate and Kenny fantastic option especially with our schedule.Looks like a real trier that's what I like give him a chance.

So why was he signed?
He generates discussion that's for sure . I call him a polarising player, who divides the supporter base evenly. But I like to take a little more time to judge a player's ability. I have only seen him play against Slovakia so it's a little early for me to pass judgement. It was a similar thing when we bought Geuye from Villa. The fan base was divided whilst the wise heads said " let's wait and see". But football forums are hotbeds for knee jerking.
I suggest we all learn from the Gana debacle and give Cuco a proper watch before splitting into 50/50 factions.
NB I am assigning a 50/50 split for Cuco, but polling is an inexact science. It might be 55/45 or 52/48 in favour of Cuco...not sure

i suggest Khal, that the tendency toward confirmation bias is strong in you. OK, we all get you don't rate Cuco. I think he's probably got a lot of people who rate him. Who is right and who is wrong? At the end of the day mate, you ALL are right and wrong. It's Schrödinger's cat.
Me? I think it's a little too early to form a strong opinion on Cuco. I think I need to see him play a bit more. I think on reflection, you would probably want a little more time as well. I am certain, on this we are in agreement. Cheers :pint2:

I have no opinion on him either, apart from I thought he was crap when he played last week.

In fact, I had never heard of the bugger prior to the end of May :blush:

But what we are talking about is how he had been perceived by posters on GOT since his name was first linked with us.

And this linkage was greeted with as near as darnitt universal derision.....there was no division of opinion or a 50/50 split.

:)

I have no opinion on him either, apart from I thought he was crap when he played last week.

In fact, I had never heard of the bugger prior to the end of May :blush:

But what we are talking about is how he had been perceived by posters on GOT since his name was first linked with us.

And this linkage was greeted with as near as darnitt universal derision.....there was no division of opinion or a 50/50 split.

:)
As always mate, I respect the cut of your jib: you are a quality GOTer. But I have previous experience in dealing with the vagary of public opinion-it is often kneejerkingly premature. I do not need to remind you of Brexit...and Trump do I?
Regardless, I think we can both agree that Cuco is a polarising figure; which is what I said in my first post

As always mate, I respect the cut of your jib: you are a quality GOTer. But I have previous experience in dealing with the vagary of public opinion-it is often kneejerkingly premature. I do not need to remind you of Brexit...and Trump do I?
Regardless, I think we can both agree that Cuco is a polarising figure; which is what I said in my first post

He is not a polarising figure. He's only divided the fanbase into two sections: those that think he's frustratingly crap and those that think he's hilariously crap.

He is frustrating as we all want players to come in who are going to improve the team or at worst be the same level of player he is replacing. He, quite clearly, is neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back