Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really love to see Kenny - Keane - Galloway - Baines for now...doesnt' matter if it's young, it'll do fine.
Williams , Martina just not good enough. Jags, Holgate, Williams as back up in that order.

Sunderland is like an EFC graveyard. He should be rescued!

Maybe, but the RTG forum did a "strongest 11" thread the other day and he didn't even make most of their benches. And didn't get a kick at West Brom. Not sure why you think he should be in the Everton side. Holgate yes, Galloway no.

I thought he looked good as a Left-footed Holgate / Stones type player, but seemed to be better. Thought he had potential, good physique. Got to be better than Ashley Williams and I dont know about Funes Mori, equally good anyway.

It's not so much stubbornness that's the issue here

Dropping Martina would be an admission that he got things wrong, which considering his backs against the wall a bit right now is something he's highly unlikely to want to do

I see Koeman persisting with Martina until we (hopefully) pick up some points against Burnley and Bournemouth, at which point he'll be able to drop him with less reputational damage

I also think he probably doesn't want to hang his mate out to dry either, the same way Martinez didn't want to just drop Alcaraz or Howard. He'll want to give him a chance to "play his way" out of this

There definitely won't be any reputational damage done by him admitting this guy is horrendous and dropping him. It's far more likely to heap pressure on him if he keeps him in the side and he keeps gifting the opposition goals, the way it did with Martinez and Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back