Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an embarrassment, but it's not his fault he's playing. The amount of space he affords players is crazy. He'll get the odd foot in to tackle, and will swing in the odd decent cross, but it's hilarious watching our players telling him what to do and where to stand like he's a fan whose just been plucked from the Gwladys to play. The foul for that free kick he gave away was well funny. Get Garbutt in in January if Baines ain't back. Can't do worse than Cuco. It's our centre backs and Kenny who are shining at present. We're tight at the back in spite of Cuco, not because of him.

He’s doing an excellent job , whilst playing out of position. Trying to exclude him from our new found defensively solidity is ridiculous, he is an important part of our defensive unit. Players who can play across various positions are invaluable and I reckon he has impressed our new manager enough to feature in our squad in the coming years. Well done Cuco.
We definitely won’t be replacing him with the floppy haired failure that is Garbutt.

He’s doing an excellent job , whilst playing out of position. Trying to exclude him from our new found defensively solidity is ridiculous, he is an important part of our defensive unit. Players who can play across various positions are invaluable and I reckon he has impressed our new manager enough to feature in our squad in the coming years. Well done Cuco.
We definitely won’t be replacing him with the floppy haired failure that is Garbutt.
Hi Mrs Martina

He's an embarrassment, but it's not his fault he's playing. The amount of space he affords players is crazy. He'll get the odd foot in to tackle, and will swing in the odd decent cross, but it's hilarious watching our players telling him what to do and where to stand like he's a fan whose just been plucked from the Gwladys to play. The foul for that free kick he gave away was well funny. Get Garbutt in in January if Baines ain't back. Can't do worse than Cuco. It's our centre backs and Kenny who are shining at present. We're tight at the back in spite of Cuco, not because of him.

Add to that, the way he turns his back and ducks, every time a cross is swung in on his side.

How he`s made it as a professional footballer, continues to amaze me.

Do you watch our matches?

You seem to be making out that if anyone thought Martina had a good game yesterday they "didn't watch the game". He was excellent yesterday and those of you who continuously slate him even when he plays well are just highlighting that you can't get past your dislike for a player to give them some credit when they have a good game.

There seems to be a mentality on here where certain players are concerned, where it's the popular thing to have a go at certain players every game. Don't understand it. I love how some are mentioning how uncomfortable he looks using his wrong foot as well. How many games have we played Baines at Right Back? I've seen Jagielka and Wiliams, both played on the left side of the centre half pairing in games this season with a complete inability to be able to keep the ball in play whilst using their wrong foot. There are a lot of Professional Footballers who quite simply struggle in that regard and Martina is at a far bigger disadvantage playing at left back than those 2 are as a left sided centre back.

If Martina was genuinely as bad as you and others are making out, why has he got the 5th most votes in the MOTM poll? The order is Pickford, Schneiderlin, Jagielka, Keane and then Martina. So clearly a fair few other people saw him do well yesterday. Our defence was up against some of the best attacking talent in the league with one of the best in the World in my opinion in Hazard and yet they couldn't find a way past us. Martina played a big part in that and stopped them numerous times down that side, especially in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back