Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuco : "Boss, it's Cuco, not Coco"
Fat Sam : "oh, sorry Coco, I'll try to remember this...btw, what's your real name"
Cuco : "Rhu-endly"
Fat Sam : "eh? WTF!...can I just call you Ruud?"
Cuco : "but that's not my name, that'd be rude"
Fat Sam : "right!, Ruud it is then!"

next interview

Interviewer : "Martina had a strong game today Sam"
Fat Sam : "yes, Ruud played well"
Interviewer : "who's Ruud?"
Fat Sam : "Coco"

Given his limited capabilities and the fact he's only ever played out of position with a random CB alongside him and a random midfielder ahead, he's actually been surprisingly competent. Not as good as a proper LB, but pretty good given the above caveats.

My outsider for Player of the season given that more talented platers playing in their favoured positions have been a lot worse. I mean his only serious competition would be Pickford, or perhaps Niasse. (<- THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO)

I hate him as a player like but can't help loving him as a person. Haha. Unreal really. It's only cos he's generally so bad that he appears a thoroughly nice chap. That said, if we genuinely were looking for a long term left back solution in January, I'll accept Martina until end of season over Baines just for a laugh. He can hold his own against poor sides to be fair to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back