Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of our young players are.

From Stones, Barkley, Del, Lukaku to DCL, Davies and Kenny. Massive downgrade.
I still think Davies has the potential to be but I doubt any of the others do.

Whether Davies is good enough for where we want to be is a different story but he is still very young.

None of our young players are.

From Stones, Barkley, Del, Lukaku to DCL, Davies and Kenny. Massive downgrade.

Reality is though mate, Barkley was 20 before he even really started getting any minutes for us under Martinez -m Davies has already played about 40 games more than he had at the same age, Barkley at his age was flopping on loan at Sheff Wednesday.

Kenny for me has come into a car crash of a side defensively, is still a year younger than Coleman was before he started to ghet games, and remember the criticism about Coleman in his first couple of years for us very well, as he was prone to making mistakes and until 13/14 never added the attacking threat we all come to take as granted and always having been there now.
Kenny would have come into a settled and competent side then you would have seen the maturing of a talented player, one with confidence etc, rather than seeing him thrown in like he has been into a team that is frankly a bit of a shambles.

DCL - 'potentially' a good player - who in reality should have been getting the odd game here or there or been out on loan at a good championship side, very few young strikers unless they are exceptional can handle playing week in week out in this league and score regularly, is he the long term answer - chances are nope, because he just doesn't look to be exceptional at anything in particular, predict that he will probably play about 10 years in the league though (not all for us)

Reality of the matter is - young talent only actually matters how good they are if 1, they develop that talent, and 2. they show that talent/development whilst at your club. Of the 4 you mentioned, I'd say only Lukaku showed it fully - Stones was more a case of City buying potential when he left as frankly I'd say he never developed past the potential stage with us - and only has brought his game on with better coaching and players and system, Barkley - 24 year old still getting talked about being potential - and quite possibly will be at 29 as well, Del - paper lungs but lovely lad.

Fair enough in 2-3 years time 3 of those 4 could be starring for teams winning leagues or CL's, but lets be honest - if they do,. it will be because they have become the calibre of player they 100% never would have developed into had they stayed at Everton...

He was at fault for the goal. Tries his best but he shouldnt be playing let alone at left back. Its a crushing inditement of our transfer policy that he starts there week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back