Danny Murphy - Brainless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember exactly but a couple or so weeks ago he was talking about an incident on MOTD (i think possibly a "handball" incident for a penalty) when he started to channel his inner Andy Townsend and claiming that he didn't care what the rules said.

Yep, a man who has to give his opinion on whether a player breaks the rules to determine if that player gets banned was on national TV claiming he doesn't actually care what the rules say.

Complete and utter tit.
IIRC it was a player sent off for a second booking in injury time. The fount of all wisdom declaimed that because the match was nearly finished the referee shouldn't have booked him. Lineker and Shearer argued with him that it didn't matter the time of the game, but he wasn't having any of it. The ultimate pub bore methinks.

IIRC it was a player sent off for a second booking in injury time. The fount of all wisdom declaimed that because the match was nearly finished the referee shouldn't have booked him. Lineker and Shearer argued with him that it didn't matter the time of the game, but he wasn't having any of it. The ultimate pub bore methinks.

Yeah i just spotted this post in the todays football thread that mentioned it :

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...ll-2017-18-season.97322/page-530#post-6018137

I was nearly tempted to write a strongly worded email to the FA about it when i first heard it, then i remembered the FA couldn't give less of a crap what i think.

The simple way to solve it is VAR.

Not really.

Despite the benefit of technology there are wildly varying opinions on all these incidents and VAR is no panacea.

For instance, the referee in the Oumar incident watched it after the game and still stands by his decision.

Phil Neville and Danny Murphy thought differently.

And there's the rub.

Zaha and Ali both have known form for diving as well, I thought they'd be the ideal candidates to show the panel means business. Seems the national media have completely ignored both incidents as well. Only penalty decisions are being looked at, which also seems ridiculous to me.

Omg a football pundit/player/fan contradicted themselves, who could have guessed...

People on this forum contradict themselves non stop, it’s what football fans do.

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's that little sneer/ snigger from the side of his mouth that he can't hide when he talks about us in any manner.

It's not his comments really - they are largely irrelevant from a jobbing ex-pro.

My bigger issue is with those who pay these people on the pretext of providing impartial and honest so-called analysis. We have had 25 years of this since Sky invented the game and it is all pervasive now.

Has Mark Lawrenson ever tipped the RS to lose a game? It's bloody ridiculous. All these guys are short of is their club scarves on matchday.

Why not just preface the pithy contributions of Murphy and his like and call it is it is - Danny Murphy is with us in studio to provide some biased comments that will suck up to the agenda of the big six - and most notably Liverpool and Spurs and that order of bias. He simply must as he played for them, please understand.

The first real test of the " Diving Panel" or whatever their called. One of the top four darlings players has been caught with his pants down, incredible dive, cheated to win a penalty, perfect example. Now let's see if there is justice or what we suspect...Double standards. Don't hold your breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back