David Moyes can't see the Wood for the Trees - ThT

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Holy Trinity

Player Valuation: £10m
After another woeful display at Goodison against a very poor side (Scott Parker aside) I must admit I am now extremely concerned. The expected run after Christmas has failed to materialise as another home game has gone against a team we should be beating. David Moyes seems for me to have lost his way. His substitutions were simply baffling again today !!!

His starting line up was the same as the Derby, a game in which we were dreadful in the first half at Analfield and carried this on today. After a terrible first half how he decided at half time when 1nil down to the basement club to take our top scoring centre forward off is beyond me. Yes Becks has his faults but the lad is a goal scorer, i.e he only needs 1 chance! He took Becks off and puts his favourite on in Saha. To be fair to Saha he was average which is better than normal although he still spends far too much time miles away from goal. This left Victor Anichebe as our main striker ? He is Lazy, NOT a striker (7 goals in his Everton Career, Becks has 5 already) spends too much time moaning and doesn't keep the ball !!

Bily came on and dragged some life into the team co-inciding with moving Felli up front. Somehow Osman survived ?? Moyes also took Vic off when we needed to win the game ! Yes the players are not playing well but they also need a clear strategy and players playing in the correct position. Moyes needs to start having some faith in Becks and Bily and lets have a good go at teams. I think I'm not the only one who thinks that Moyes never has a plan b and never knows how to change a game.

For me the team looks totally disjointed , the midfield Fellaini apart were quite simply not good enough. Our esteemed spaniard is looking worse by the week and has me wondering whether we have sold the wrong midfielder !! Why is Leon Osman starting ? Too slow, yes he works hard but really ask yourself this question how many teams would he get in ? Seamus had a nightmare.

This season is a write off now where the league is concerned so we need to start planning for next season. The only thing is Davie may not be here ! How much longer will he stand for having no money again. How much longer will he allow his own drive and ambition to be suppressed ? Our useless board has now ensured that we have fallen behind teams again by not creating the finances for the manager ! We are just keeping our heads above water and I think that David knows that now and is struggling to see how we can improve and I think this is now weighing him down. His decision making has been poor again today as it has been for large chunks of this season already. When you look at something for so long you eventually can't see it in the same way, hence the Wood for the Trees statement !

I fear that the club needs to be clear in its strategy but I know that it really is not !!! Big decisions are needed by all including the supporters as otherwise we are heading back into relegation battles !!

I am a very concerned Blue at the moment .....

After another woeful display at Goodison against a very poor side (Scott Parker aside) I must admit I am now extremely concerned. The expected run after Christmas has failed to materialise as another home game has gone against a team we should be beating. David Moyes seems for me to have lost his way. His substitutions were simply baffling again today !!!

His starting line up was the same as the Derby, a game in which we were dreadful in the first half at Analfield and carried this on today. After a terrible first half how he decided at half time when 1nil down to the basement club to take our top scoring centre forward off is beyond me. Yes Becks has his faults but the lad is a goal scorer, i.e he only needs 1 chance! He took Becks off and puts his favourite on in Saha. To be fair to Saha he was average which is better than normal although he still spends far too much time miles away from goal. This left Victor Anichebe as our main striker ? He is Lazy, NOT a striker (7 goals in his Everton Career, Becks has 5 already) spends too much time moaning and doesn't keep the ball !!

Bily came on and dragged some life into the team co-inciding with moving Felli up front. Somehow Osman survived ?? Moyes also took Vic off when we needed to win the game ! Yes the players are not playing well but they also need a clear strategy and players playing in the correct position. Moyes needs to start having some faith in Becks and Bily and lets have a good go at teams. I think I'm not the only one who thinks that Moyes never has a plan b and never knows how to change a game.

For me the team looks totally disjointed , the midfield Fellaini apart were quite simply not good enough. Our esteemed spaniard is looking worse by the week and has me wondering whether we have sold the wrong midfielder !! Why is Leon Osman starting ? Too slow, yes he works hard but really ask yourself this question how many teams would he get in ? Seamus had a nightmare.

This season is a write off now where the league is concerned so we need to start planning for next season. The only thing is Davie may not be here ! How much longer will he stand for having no money again. How much longer will he allow his own drive and ambition to be suppressed ? Our useless board has now ensured that we have fallen behind teams again by not creating the finances for the manager ! We are just keeping our heads above water and I think that David knows that now and is struggling to see how we can improve and I think this is now weighing him down. His decision making has been poor again today as it has been for large chunks of this season already. When you look at something for so long you eventually can't see it in the same way, hence the Wood for the Trees statement !

I fear that the club needs to be clear in its strategy but I know that it really is not !!! Big decisions are needed by all including the supporters as otherwise we are heading back into relegation battles !!

I am a very concerned Blue at the moment .....

Decision to bring Bily on. Bily scored.

Decision to put Fellaini up. Fellaini scored.

I think certain players head's aren't where they should be at the moment. Confidence has been lowered and certain criticisms from certain parties are affecting that too.

The difficulty - that appears to be Moyes not seeing woods for trees - but is in actual fact uncertainty due to inconsistency of certain players is causing these issues wider for the team. Particularly up top.

Agree on some of the strategic errors of the board however.

When Moyes needs a new car with his expertise in the market he will pick up a top of the range Jag for £2000.

And then proceed to take it out on to the motorway and drive at 45mph.

He'll have a superb car capable of great things. Unfortunatly he won't get the best out of it.

It will get him from a2b and won't ever crash, but he'll never get that feeling of the wind blowing through his ginger hair at top speed.

A few quibbles; I think Beckford was possibly injured (although if not it was indeed a ridiculous substitution), Saha was actually excellent to be fair, he showed some real moments of class and I think Osman did okay considering he's a CM. Arteta was indeed woeful, so personally I'd put Ossie in his preferred position in place of Arteta, and bring Bily in to play LM.

Anyway, you're bang on with the bigger picture there mate. Moyes looks clueless, the board are an embarrassment and there really doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. What we need now more than anything, if you ask me, is for the board to stump up a big lump of cash so we can get in a quality new face or two. Just look at Villa today; when the club shows ambition and brings in some quality, it lifts the whole team and even the manager.

Of course this isn't going to happen, like, but a boy can dream.

Decision to bring Bily on. Bily scored.

Decision to put Fellaini up. Fellaini scored.

I think certain players head's aren't where they should be at the moment. Confidence has been lowered and certain criticisms from certain parties are affecting that too.

Agree on some of the strategic errors of the board however.

Matty, Bily should have started end of !! He might have scored a couple in a win. Felli up front because he realised he'd ****ed up by taking Becks off as Saha stands on the halfway line and Vic just stands still !! Reacting to situations not anticipating situations. For today's subs read Newcastle (h), West Brom (h), Wigan (h) , Stoke (a) !!!

Just my opinion kid but your entitled to yours as its how we roll'.....

When Moyes needs a new car with his expertise in the market he will pick up a top of the range Jag for £2000.

And then proceed to take it out on to the motorway and drive at 45mph.

He'll have a superb car capable of great things. Unfortunatly he won't get the best out of it.

It will get him from a2b and won't ever crash, but he'll never get that feeling of the wind blowing through his ginger hair at top speed.

Very good analogy mate....I think....ha ha

A few quibbles; I think Beckford was possibly injured (although if not it was indeed a ridiculous substitution), Saha was actually excellent to be fair, he showed some real moments of class and I think Osman did okay considering he's a CM. Arteta was indeed woeful, so personally I'd put Ossie in his preferred position in place of Arteta, and bring Bily in to play LM.

Anyway, you're bang on with the bigger picture there mate. Moyes looks clueless, the board are an embarrassment and there really doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. What we need now more than anything, if you ask me, is for the board to stump up a big lump of cash so we can get in a quality new face or two. Just look at Villa today; when the club shows ambition and brings in some quality, it lifts the whole team and even the manager.

Of course this isn't going to happen, like, but a boy can dream.

Trust me mate Becks wasn't injured (Judging from his reaction in the dressing room) !! Naah can't agree on Osman mate I'm afraid a squad player at best for me. I'd rather see Jack in there to be honest.

Trust me mate Becks wasn't injured (Judging from his reaction in the dressing room) !! Naah can't agree on Osman mate I'm afraid a squad player at best for me. I'd rather see Jack in there to be honest.

In the center you need a creative player too. Rodwell hasn't shown that yet, in fact for all we know he could turn out to be a CB. Osman played in the center a few times last season, including the win against Chelsea in which he was magnificent, if I'm not mistaken. He's very good in the center, he just never gets a chance to play there.

Out wide though, he's fairly crap. He was okay today, he made some good passes, but Bily was a breath of fresh air. Arteta on the other hand is an eggy fart in an elevator.

Matty, Bily should have started end of !! He might have scored a couple in a win. Felli up front because he realised he'd ****ed up by taking Becks off as Saha stands on the halfway line and Vic just stands still !! Reacting to situations not anticipating situations. For today's subs read Newcastle (h), West Brom (h), Wigan (h) , Stoke (a) !!!

Just my opinion kid but your entitled to yours as its how we roll'.....

He actually started 4-4-2 with Anichebe playing just behind Beckford.

Second half it went from 4-4-2 Anichebe and Saha up front ... to 4-5-1 with Anichebe going wide.

Saha going too deep trying to get on the ball...

Agree to a certain extent that Anichebe can disrupt things for us in middle. The amount of aimless headers from Goal Kicks from him was ridiculous. Nowhere near our players.

Fellaini went up top and at least headers are going nearer them.

As for Bily he's been "tidy" I'd say. Then showed again his finishing.

Still think it's less Moyes and more certain players heads being elsewhere. Couldn't believe the passing and the lack of picking up runs or second balls at times.

if the players do the basic things wrong...

In the center you need a creative player too. Rodwell hasn't shown that yet, in fact for all we know he could turn out to be a CB. Osman played in the center a few times last season, including the win against Chelsea in which he was magnificent, if I'm not mistaken. He's very good in the center, he just never gets a chance to play there.

Out wide though, he's fairly crap. He was okay today, he made some good passes, but Bily was a breath of fresh air. Arteta on the other hand is an eggy fart in an elevator.

Horrible analogy of Mikel there mate !! Its all about opinions mate and yours is as valid as mine !

Second half it went from 4-4-2 Anichebe and Saha up front ... to 4-5-1 with Anichebe going wide.

Agree to a certain extent that Anichebe can disrupt things for us in middle. The amount of aimless headers from Goal Kicks from him was ridiculous. Nowhere near our players.

Still think it's less Moyes and more certain players heads being elsewhere. Couldn't believe the passing and the lack of picking up runs or second balls at times.

Mate, I am not Blaming Moyes for everything but for me he has his scapegoats (Becks and Bily) and he has his faves (Saha and Ossie) ! Your bang on in terms of players heads though. Attitude was another factor today, we have to earn the right to beat these ****e teams not just turn up and hope it clicks !!

You've made a lot of good points tonight, mate, but right on cue there we go. It's never Moyes with you, is it?

I get the impression he could put Howard up front, Baines in goal and Fellaini as a steward in the car park, and you'd still find a way to justify it.

You've made a lot of good points tonight, mate, but right on cue there we go. It's never Moyes with you, is it?

I get the impression he could put Howard up front, Baines in goal and Fellaini as a steward in the car park, and you'd still find a way to justify it.

I equally get the impression that if we'd of won today you'd have still blamed Moyes.

Ironically enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.