David Moyes can't see the Wood for the Trees - ThT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post THT.

As far as Moyes leaving: I dont see it. I think I've figured out who Moyes is now. He's the Dario Gradi of the Premier League. A feller who'll remain at one club for donkey's years, in no danger of being sacked, getting reasonable results though not spectacular, and bringing through young talent that can be sold to keep the club's head above water.

It appears Dave that you are saying Moyes has taken us as far as he can.

That maybe right, it is your view. I think even if he had some money to spend and a new face in that it would not make much difference. We have the players and Moyes should use them better. Drop out of form players, give a young player or two a chance, what has he to lose. There were two or three players on that bench who Moyes will not give a chance to so why are they sat there?

The whole mess beggars belief.

Board out, Manager out, Players out.

I believe that Billy should start anyway. He is a player that is capable of getting a goal from nothing ala Man United last year and yesterday.

He is a confidence player and needs time to settle in. He is a tidy player and would definately help Beckford score more with some good through balls.

Osman is a good back up player, but thats all he should be. He should be used sparingly. I also think Arteta should be moved out wide til he recaptures form.

It is a major concern that we've dropped points at home to West Ham, Wolves, West Brom, Newcastle and Wigan. We're simply not breaking teams down well enough. We're slow moving the ball, we don't get men in the box, we don't get to the byeline often enough, we don't shoot from distance, we don't make the best use of set pieces and we have very little aerial threat. The majority of these issues could be resolved on the training ground, so I'm not really buying Moyes's excuse that it's down to poor finishing.

At the other end we don't have the cohesion, work rate and discipline of a couple of seasons ago. The opposition go past us too easily, we stroll back and we don't get tight enough in the box. Again, this is for the manager to eradicate. It seems like we play percentage football and hope that things fall our way.

I'm not so sure we need signings. Moysie doesn't seem to know how to make the best use of what he currently has. Heitinga is no use at all and should go, in my opinion. Yobo was a more accomplished defender. Rodwell and Fellaini look like they could be a really strong partnership. Arteta probably needs to feel his way back into the team coming on for Coleman. Bily needs a run in the side on the left. Saha and Beckford seem to bring out the best in each other. I'd like to see Anichebe and Vaughan push them hard for their places, especially Vaughany, who I still think could have a future with us. It would make sense to me for Duffy, Baxter and Gueye to gain more experience with the first team.

He's going to play Fellaini up front against Chelsea isn't he?

Fellaini was quite a reliable goalscorer in his first season, with 9 goals. Yesterday's effort was his first in the league since Sunderland on boxing day 2009. We've deprived ourselves of that part of his game by using him so deep. I'm surprised that we haven't thrown him further forward before now.

last week the whole world could see osman can not play out wide ,so he plays him there again .for me the thing with moyes is its his way or no way . he rules the club in his eyes . a fit victor can play 70 mins at best. so we were allways going to finish yesterdays game with one foward on the pitch, against poss the worst back 4 in the prem .

last week the whole world could see osman can not play out wide ,so he plays him there again .for me the thing with moyes is its his way or no way . he rules the club in his eyes . a fit victor can play 70 mins at best. so we were allways going to finish yesterdays game with one foward on the pitch, against poss the worst back 4 in the prem .

he's the manager,who else's ****ing eye's should he use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.