David Moyes interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about as realistic as it comes when it comes to the club.

Celebrating anything over the past 20 odd years is just a bit wrong. Moyes should not be celebrated because he "got us out of the Europa League group stages" or because we came 4th and then got knocked out of the CL before even getting into it. Martinez should not be celebrated for getting our highest points total etc etc.

They are all losers.

Sounds like you have given up on Silva already there?

If everything was equal than that is fine. But we are competing against teams who have Billion pound squads. It is not the fault of anyone that we can't keep up with these guys. You don't have to like it, but you have to accept that the probability is that if we are spending less we are likely to not to do as well as the clubs with higher salaries than our own.
Reality is, that given this situation, we need to accept that it will take an extraordinary season to finish in the top four. In effect, I hope we can stay within touching distance, whilst playing good football and ready to pounce when the richer clubs have poor seasons. At the same time giving the the top teams a good game when they come to town... and putting full strength teams into cup competitions.
If the time comes when our squads salary starts to match the likes of Manchester clubs than I will change my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.