Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
An appointment so good their captain has felt the need to write an open letter to ask fans to show support...however Mr Noble, what the hell do you mean Everton are very similar to West Ham? Idiot.

Noble's letter in full
Hello everyone.

As captain of this great football club, I want to speak directly to you, my fellow West Ham United supporters.

I know that we were going through a difficult time and the club decided to make a decision to change manager.

David Moyes knows the club and he knows a lot of the players and the players he worked with - myself, Manu, Angelo, Arthur, Cress, Dec, Reidy, Michail and Zaba - really liked and respected him and the way he worked when he was here. He got players playing to their full potential and I hope and believe he can do it again.

I know the fans are not happy with the situation we find ourselves in, but we all love and support our club and we need to get behind the manager and try to get ourselves out of this position.

The manager worked for a long time at a club that is very similar to West Ham in Everton, and you don't stay at a club for that long under the scrutiny of passionate fans unless you are good at your job.

I think David is the best person for the job.

My main thing is that I have always put the club before myself in my career. I just want us to do well. The last few seasons have been full of ups and downs, and I just want the club to be stable.

We hoped that would happen with Manuel because he is such a great guy and had a proven managerial pedigree, but we now need to get back to what we are as West Ham United and achieve realistic targets before aiming higher. When Manuel was appointed, I was really hoping it would be that way, but it didn't work out.

I enjoyed some fantastic football under him and learned so much from him and his staff and I know they were genuinely gutted that it didn't work out, but I do feel like we need to walk before we can run and build something.

We need to win football matches and, however that comes at the minute, I'll take that.

Everybody knows I care for this football club and I want to win so badly, not just for myself but for every West Ham United fan out there.

Sometimes I take so much pressure on my own shoulders that every time we make a mistake or concede a goal, I blame myself, rightly or wrongly, and my emotion can come out.

That's why I have played at this level for so long, because I care so much, and I want us to do well.

I know it's a tough time for the fans, I understand that, but I do believe we need to come together and show the manager support and start getting results because, at the end of the day, results are all that matters.

Let's hope we all enjoy a happy New Year.

An appointment so good their captain has felt the need to write an open letter to ask fans to show support...however Mr Noble, what the hell do you mean Everton are very similar to West Ham? Idiot.

Noble's letter in full
Hello everyone.

As captain of this great football club, I want to speak directly to you, my fellow West Ham United supporters.

I know that we were going through a difficult time and the club decided to make a decision to change manager.

David Moyes knows the club and he knows a lot of the players and the players he worked with - myself, Manu, Angelo, Arthur, Cress, Dec, Reidy, Michail and Zaba - really liked and respected him and the way he worked when he was here. He got players playing to their full potential and I hope and believe he can do it again.

I know the fans are not happy with the situation we find ourselves in, but we all love and support our club and we need to get behind the manager and try to get ourselves out of this position.

The manager worked for a long time at a club that is very similar to West Ham in Everton, and you don't stay at a club for that long under the scrutiny of passionate fans unless you are good at your job.

My main thing is that I have always put the club before myself in my career. I just want us to do well. The last few seasons have been full of ups and downs, and I just want the club to be stable.

We hoped that would happen with Manuel because he is such a great guy and had a proven managerial pedigree, but we now need to get back to what we are as West Ham United and achieve realistic targets before aiming higher. When Manuel was appointed, I was really hoping it would be that way, but it didn't work out.

I enjoyed some fantastic football under him and learned so much from him and his staff and I know they were genuinely gutted that it didn't work out, but I do feel like we need to walk before we can run and build something.

We need to win football matches and, however that comes at the minute, I'll take that.

Everybody knows I care for this football club and I want to win so badly, not just for myself but for every West Ham United fan out there.

Sometimes I take so much pressure on my own shoulders that every time we make a mistake or concede a goal, I blame myself, rightly or wrongly, and my emotion can come out.

That's why I have played at this level for so long, because I care so much, and I want us to do well.

I know it's a tough time for the fans, I understand that, but I do believe we need to come together and show the manager support and start getting results because, at the end of the day, results are all that matters.

In summary :

We’re crap right now and have got who we deserve lol

Noble's letter in full
Hello everyone.

koff we've been levels above West Ham for yonkers

Noble's letter in full
Hello everyone.

'David' - familiarity from the off, this tie up isn't going to end well.

Pretty much nails Moyes bang on.

Sorry Dave but no. I can’t acknowledge anyone who calls Everton “a mid sized club” like we are a West Ham, a Burnley. These sh!thouse post 92 journalists need to learn some history, or wait for Mr. Ancelotti to put us back on the map. I am looking forward to hearing these cowards always claim we were “a sleeping giant .”

Rats.

koff we've been levels above West Ham for yonkers
West Ham...Top tier, second tier. Used to be an admired club for having a style through failure and the odd success. Never big hitters.
In PL terms we are viewed the same way, although ever present. They have Moyes, we have Ancelloti. Forget them...

“I have always felt I am an extremely experienced manager,” he said. “I think there are very few who will have had the games, and I could actually say wins, I have had.“

lol lol lol Christ. He used to be half decent at talking to the press. Reckon he’s lost it a bit to be honest.

Feel sorry for him now and that most people are going to remember him as an Ex Everton manager.

I guess it’s the decade of fake news, so he thought he’d try his hand at it at his presser but it ended up sounding like a desperate man trying to convince people to buy his steak knives. He just sounded so arrogant with his ‘winning record’ statement and giving ‘no choice’ to the owners to not extend his contract.

Funny that Arteta is managing Arsenal but Moyes has to manage West Ham.

Sorry Dave but no. I can’t acknowledge anyone who calls Everton “a mid sized club” like we are a West Ham, a Burnley. These sh!thouse post 92 journalists need to learn some history, or wait for Mr. Ancelotti to put us back on the map. I am looking forward to hearing these cowards always claim we were “a sleeping giant .”

Rats.
On that one point yes, but he's defo spot on about Moyes...and I dont even like that writer, tbh.

The comparison to West Ham is beyond ridiculous.
We are Everton; we are like nobody else.
I'm sure every fanbase of every club thinks that they are unique too.
Can you imagine Big Dunc saying we are like Chelsea so we need to support our new manager?

Let's hope Moysie knows which ground he's heading for today.
"It's always a fantastic atmosphere at Goodison....Goodis....The London Stadium".

The comparison to West Ham is beyond ridiculous.
We are Everton; we are like nobody else.
I'm sure every fanbase of every club thinks that they are unique too.
Can you imagine Big Dunc saying we are like Chelsea so we need to support our new manager?

Let's hope Moysie knows which ground he's heading for today.
"It's always a fantastic atmosphere at Goodison....Goodis....The London Stadium".
Would have gone down like a lead bubble with the West Ham faithful that comment.

He bought a knife to shoot himself in the foot there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back