Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 years at Everton finished 4th once won nothing
At untied after them wining the league, was beaten 15 times with the current champions 8/9 months later got the bullet
Went to Real Sociedad got the bullet after a year
Goes to Sunderland gets them relegated, another bullet fired his way
Goes to West ham (first time) in the relegation zone keeps them up by the skinof their teeth
Currently doing well at West ham again (lets see where they finish)

Almost 20 years in management and won sweet FA, I stick by my original comment and put him in the same bracket as Allardyce, Pulis, Mark Hughes etc..

Until this season no one has looked like doing a good job at United. He was barely given any time to turn it round. He had a better win % than Van Gaal. In fact he had a better win % than Matt Busby at Utd. He had a tough season.

Real Sociedad - Strange gamble for him career wise but maybe just an interesting life project. Never worked out. Give you that

Sunderland - again failed, but this was a club in free fall and has continued to free fall.

"Goes to West ham (first time) in the relegation zone keeps them up by the skinof their teeth" - think thats called success.

Whatever you think about Moyes, he would be a good manager for the vast majority of the league and can create a team full of endeavour prepared to fight.

I get it you will never be persuaded. Sometimes viewpoints are entrenched in emotion.

Until this season no one has looked like doing a good job at United. He was barely given any time to turn it round. He had a better win % than Van Gaal. In fact he had a better win % than Matt Busby at Utd. He had a tough season.

Real Sociedad - Strange gamble for him career wise but maybe just an interesting life project. Never worked out. Give you that

Sunderland - again failed, but this was a club in free fall and has continued to free fall.

"Goes to West ham (first time) in the relegation zone keeps them up by the skinof their teeth" - think thats called success.

Whatever you think about Moyes, he would be a good manager for the vast majority of the league and can create a team full of endeavour prepared to fight.

I get it you will never be persuaded. Sometimes viewpoints are entrenched in emotion.

He did a " Koeman " at Sunderland though didn`t he ?

Bought in a load of overpaid wasters, who`d never even heard of Sunderland until they saw the cheque book open.

I know they were very badly run, but Moyes really did them no favours at all.

Moyes isn`t remembered fondly by the Sunderland fans,

My issue with Moyes was he played safe to much. It took him 18 months to start playing Baines regularly at left back. Lescott did a good job at left back but he was limited on the ball. Gave us an extra attacking threat at set pieces which covered for the obvious flaws. Arteta was played on the wing when he was our best central midfielder but Moyes preferred to play defenders in there. There were times when we played big games and we had sides on the ropes but we ended up sitting back and defending the lead instead of going for the throat.

That post-match interview today. He was fumbling about with something down below out of the camera shot, bit of a disappointment to see he was just trying to zip up his coat!

Terrific manager and he was a brilliant Everton manager to, delighted he’s got the chance & time to do what he does with West Ham. Objectively he’s doing brilliantly, biasedly I hope it all unravels they are now a direct rival.

West Ham don’t deserve him, they’ve even got rid of him once before and only offered him a deal until the end of the year last year.

They sacked because the idiot allowed a clause in his contract that if he didn’t qualify for the CL they could sack him for peanuts instead of the36 million it would have cost them

My issue with Moyes was he played safe to much. It took him 18 months to start playing Baines regularly at left back. Lescott did a good job at left back but he was limited on the ball. Gave us an extra attacking threat at set pieces which covered for the obvious flaws. Arteta was played on the wing when he was our best central midfielder but Moyes preferred to play defenders in there. There were times when we played big games and we had sides on the ropes but we ended up sitting back and defending the lead instead of going for the throat.
Let’s not forget taking off a striker for a defender and then losing. Every time we where winning it would be 15 mins full backs to the wall.
I don’t think he a lucky manager either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back