Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
Hahaha touched a nerve there didn't I. Stop crying lad you sound like a koppite in-fact I reckon you defo are one. Eeeee

Good luck to the dour one, even after he thought he was bigger and better than Everton and treated us with absolute dishonour and disrespect, when we were the best he willl ever have, thats including man united. He stayed 2 or 3 seasons too long.

For me, He's a shithouse cowardly manager who bottled every big opportunity that we had - maybe he's learned his lesson and won't do that again, but I'll wager he hasn't.

He has made some decent signings for wham - what I would call low risk/high reward ones like lingard and Bowen, very like the signings he made for us tbh (Cahill/pienaar etc).

As other have said, this covid affected/no fans season isn't the real test, it's how he kicks them on and they perform next season, when everything is hopefully back to normal. If we can't make top four this season then I hope wham do though - the more "unusual" suspects make it the better to further upset the apple cart of the so called sky6.

their defensive record is the worst of the top 9. they have a deadly counter, but they are terrible at sitting back. they are where they are at because they score goals.
That's not entirely true. They are terrible at the back at the moment as their first choice centre half is injured. And when I say terrible, they were very solid yesterday before losing another of their defenders, and sticking a wing back in their due to their lack of cover.

One of the more impressive things is he turned their previously sieve-like defensive game into something approaching a tough nut.

I mean he’s no Sir Alex but it‘s more than we’ve had in the cabinet since ‘95.

The charity shield is not a real trophy! Its a one off match that he didn't even lead his team to!

I would hope we are never in a position to win what that other one is! League 1 trophy maybe?

TOP 4 a massive win IMHO; if he pulls that off at West-ham, its bigger than FA cup, League Cup or even qualifying and winning the UEFA cup for me.

It would be an incredible achievement

Only if they get past the qualifiers. (assuming they still have them?)

Moyes doing brilliantly to come 4th only to then not qualify for the tournament proper and then getting humped 5-1 by the third best team in Bucharest in the consolation cup sums up his career in a nutshell.

Moyes doing brilliantly to come 4th only to then not qualify for the tournament proper and then getting humped 5-1 by the third best team in Bucharest in the consolation cup sums up his career in a nutshell.

there are no qualifiers for PL any more mate. Top 4 straight in the groups

Sums us up in a nutshell tbh

You know as well as I do that we were cheated out of that qualification round by Collina. UEFA didn't want us in the competition as Liverpool had just won the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back