Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try their whole history. They are literally on course for their best ever top flight finishes in consecutive seasons.

It’s interesting to me that their greatest sides couldn’t achieve this, even when they had the likes of Bobby Moore.

I guess, unlike with us, Moyes has the chance to build his own legacy that will not be overshadowed by their historical greatness.
Bobby Moore's team lifted the Cup Winners cup final in 1965 which I would say was a bigger achievement

What about transfer fees? It all comes from the same budget so separating the two is foolish.
Well that was shiiit too.
When did moyes challenge the top size for transfer fees.
But in fairness salaraies is the best prediction for league placement. At the minute apart from us and Man Utd the rest is a good prediction

Well that was shiiit too.
When did moyes challenge the top size for transfer fees.
But in fairness salaraies is the best prediction for league placement. At the minute apart from us and Man Utd the rest is a good prediction
That’s what I mean though. If you took our total spend it was way below par under Moyes but he managed to overachieve relative to these resources.

Ron Greenwood was the manager at the time.It was a time in the 60s where no team really dominated in my opinion a great time for football and a great time to be an Everton fan.
I know - Lyall was manager when they almost won the league in the 80s. Won a couple of FA Cups and also reached the Cup Winners Cup final. Won more silverware overall than Greenwood.

Can't believe these helmets genuinely think they can compare themselves with the likes of Everton Villa etc. when they've never even won the league.

Be a cuck move if Everton brought moyes back way he acted on leaving. Dam n our board and man y fans simped to him.when he was here ??

then we got his alex Ferguson ego talking like he w as messiah despite winning sod all in twenty years of management??

sure he did lot of good them 11 years on [Poor language removed] budget but still he had several chances to win something And bottled it whilst much smaller sides won trophies.

I think Evertonians delude themselves about 2 things regarding the Moyes era.

Firstly that we were entitled to just win trophies or finish in the top 4, regardless of our current squad at the time or the circumstances of recent previous seasons. For example, Moyes took over early 00s after we'd spent most of the 90s battling Relegation. He then turned us in to a side capable of finishing from 4th to 7th. He did an excellent job by doing so clearly, and I don't see how that can be argued.

Secondly, that our team could just turn up against superior sides and be expected to win crucial games. The Cup Final, we didn't bottle, we were just comfortably beaten by a far better Chelsea side which contained the likes of Terry, Cole, Lampard and Drogba. And whilst we had a chance to beat the RS in the 2012 Semi and it was a missed opportunity, their side still contained Gerrard and Suarez, most notably, which were on a different level to any player we had in our 11.
Utter nonsense.

You've drank the kool aid for "plucky little Everton" if you genuinely believe that.

Wigan demolished us (in the quarters btw) en route to an FA cup final.
Which they won. Against Man City. With Arouna Kone as a starter. With a team full of mid-championship players and Arouna Kone, who demolished us, leading the line. Are we not as good, or better, on paper? Yes. Did we bottle it MASSIVELY against Wigan? Also yes.

Of course we expect our team to win games, can you believe that? As we should ffs! Reaching a semi final and going "ah we've had a good run" - are you Bill Kenwright in disguise? "We've had good times" indeed.

Moyes instilled this mentality and it's sad that people still follow the crap and just think that we shouldn't be winning cups because... Other teams have good players???? ? Listen to yourself lad ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back