Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went on the comments on West ham TV and can't believe most want him gone. It's surreal. They have had 2 years of consecutive European football and been fighting in the top third of the best league in the world for 2 or 3 years and he's had a bad start to one season and they want him out.

Their squad is in a significantly better state than it was before he took over and they can easily still finish top half. Football fans have absolutely no perspective. I would actually be absolutely convinced that if he stays he won't finish lower than 10th

They need to remember what they were before he took over

I too went on a West Ham forum (KUMB) and all the issues they’re listing are all issues we’ve had too, when he was here.

• Loyalty to out of form playwrs
  • Stubbornness to tactics
  • One dimensional (kick, go wide, cross, try again)
  • Unable to integrate certain players
So I’ve no doubt he’ll get them back on track, as he did with us. However, he’ll always have that ceiling, which he can’t break beyond.

They’re all moaning about Paqueta and Scamacca, and we saw it loads. He could get a cracking bargain like they did with Dawson, but struggled with the bigger names.

Done a good job there for them, so it’s staggering to see their fans be so fickle. 2 solid seasons and they’re acting as if they’ve got a divine right to challenging the Top 4.

I too went on a West Ham forum (KUMB) and all the issues they’re listing are all issues we’ve had too, when he was here.

So I’ve no doubt he’ll get them back on track, as he did with us. However, he’ll always have that ceiling, which he can’t break beyond.

They’re all moaning about Paqueta and Scamacca, and we saw it loads. He could get a cracking bargain like they did with Dawson, but struggled with the bigger names.

Done a good job there for them, so it’s staggering to see their fans be so fickle. 2 solid seasons and they’re acting as if they’ve got a divine right to challenging the Top 4.

Moist never had it so good as he did at us. Yes he was hamstrung by Kenwrong but the fans would rarely turn on him.

The fact some mid table mob like WHU are already on his back 7 games in after two top 7 finishes on the spin should show him he should have never left us.

Moist never had it so good as he did at us. Yes he was hamstrung by Kenwrong but the fans would rarely turn on him.

The fact some mid table mob like WHU are already on his back 7 games in after two top 7 finishes on the spin should show him he should have never left us.
The irony about Moyes leaving is he left his well-oiled machine to take over a ****-show not of his making. I wonder how he would have gotten on with Lukaku as his frontman?

Southerners, what do you expect? Scamacca is just coming back from illness, their marquee centre half got crocked in a friendly and they are trying to integrate nearly a whole team’s worth of new players.

Ideally Moyes will get the bullet as they will be a mess for years after they bring in a Rafael or someone of that ilk.

Complains about a stagnant squad, yet keeps Cornet and Scamacca on the bench. He’s never been one for trying something new when things aren’t going his way. It’ll be the undoing of him this season.
Scamacca has been out sick though and played midweek. He played his strongest team and they were underwhelming.

This reminds me of the nightmare start he had after getting fourth. Thing is, he had Bill here to back him up. He’s more likely to get a knife in the back at West Ham.

Unless he is given top four millions to spend over 3 seasons, people shouldn’t expect him to build a top four squad.
They are having a rough patch but they will finish top half.
Any West Ham fan should check their history and see that moyes is already one of their most successful managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back