Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fella beat Fiorientina and AZ Alkmaar FFS.
Fact is, the only thing worth celebrating was Europa league football next season, which itself can often do more harm than good.
“Europa Conference League” LOL - won’t be worth the trophy it’s written on when decommissioned in 3 years. File beneath Intertoto.

You beat what’s put in front of you, would you seriously have complained had that been us there tonight? When we got knocked out by Fiorentina in 08 we’d faced Metalist Kharkiv, Larissa and Brann on the way none of which were World beaters, we also faced and beat AZ who West Ham beat to get to the final

The League Cup semi final run that same season we beat Sheffield Wednesday and Luton in the first two ties before we came up against a PL side

The dual semi final runs in Martinez’ last season we faced Barnsley, Reading, Norwich and Middlesbrough in the LC before City, Dag & Red, Carlisle and Bournemouth in the FA Cup before we faced Chelsea and United
The Europa League and League Cup are a couple of steps up from that poxy competition.

It is what it is: a worthless piece of tinsel.

If we won that cup I'd be thrilled

I would give my right bollock to see us win something.

If we won it I'd be pleased for maybe a day.

I'd rather have 3 points in the PL.

People calling that the highlight of Moyes' career are kidding themselves and getting carried away with ther coverage.

Moyes getting 4th and 5th in the PL and to a cup final with us completely overshadow that 'trophy' win.

Look at him go

Knocked up these:
moyes1.jpg

moyes2.jpg

With Everton not being involved in Europe for quite a while I’m out of the loop with the Europa League system.

I’ve just seen a video of Moyes in the dressing rooms celebrating like he’s just won the Premier League. Great I thought, he deserves some success. Well done fella.

Then I took a look at what West Ham had won… the Europa Conference League!
Doesn’t sound like a great competition that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back