Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Everton not being involved in Europe for quite a while I’m out of the loop with the Europa League system.

I’ve just seen a video of Moyes in the dressing rooms celebrating like he’s just won the Premier League. Great I thought, he deserves some success. Well done fella.

Then I took a look at what West Ham had won… the Europa Conference League!
Doesn’t sound like a great competition that.

You'd still celebrate if we'd won it

West Ham's route to a European trophy: -

Viborg (Denmark) - they finished 3rd out of 12 teams in the Danish Superliga regular season and 4th in the Championship Play Offs - they played in the Danish first division in 2021

FCSB (Romania) formerly Steaua Bucuresti - they finished 3rd out of 16 teams in the Liga 1 regular season and 2nd in the Play offs

Silkeborg (Denmark) - they finished 7th out of 12 teams in the Danish Superliga regular season and 3rd in the Relegation Play Offs this season

Anderlecht (Belgium) - they finished 11th out of 18 teams in the Belgium Pro League

some big hitters there to just get past the group stages

knockouts they faced some even mightier opponents

Last 16 - AEK Larnaca (Cyprus) - some people call them the cypriot barcelona - they finished 2nd out of 14 teams in the Cypriot First Division regular season and 3rd in the Championship Play offs

Quarter Finals - Gent (Belgium) - some people call them the belgium real madrid - they finished 5th out of 18 teams in the Belgium Pro League

Semi Finals - AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands) - some people call them the Dutch Man City - they finished 4th out of 18 teams in the Eredivisie

Finals - Fiorentina (Italy) - they finished 8th out of 20 teams in Serie A

impressive stuff from the mighty irons
That looks like a line-up of Scottish teams in the lower divisions ....

West Ham's route to a European trophy: -

Viborg (Denmark) - they finished 3rd out of 12 teams in the Danish Superliga regular season and 4th in the Championship Play Offs - they played in the Danish first division in 2021

FCSB (Romania) formerly Steaua Bucuresti - they finished 3rd out of 16 teams in the Liga 1 regular season and 2nd in the Play offs

Silkeborg (Denmark) - they finished 7th out of 12 teams in the Danish Superliga regular season and 3rd in the Relegation Play Offs this season

Anderlecht (Belgium) - they finished 11th out of 18 teams in the Belgium Pro League

some big hitters there to just get past the group stages

knockouts they faced some even mightier opponents

Last 16 - AEK Larnaca (Cyprus) - some people call them the cypriot barcelona - they finished 2nd out of 14 teams in the Cypriot First Division regular season and 3rd in the Championship Play offs

Quarter Finals - Gent (Belgium) - some people call them the belgium real madrid - they finished 5th out of 18 teams in the Belgium Pro League

Semi Finals - AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands) - some people call them the Dutch Man City - they finished 4th out of 18 teams in the Eredivisie

Finals - Fiorentina (Italy) - they finished 8th out of 20 teams in Serie A

impressive stuff from the mighty irons
I would say it would be similar to the premier league without the scab 6, well maybe not Spurs. Bang average teams but a chance to win it.

thousands run on pitch when we clinch 17th spot but this trophy is crap and we would all hate to win it

Make it make sense
It's not crap. But it's nowhere near a trophy that elevates a club from what they were to something bigger.

West Ham remain as they were beforehand.

I never thought the Europa League was great when we were involved.

There's only one European trophy worth having that would elevate our status and that's the European Cup.

I'd place the League Cup ahead of the Europa League and the Europa Conference League trophy some distance behind the Europa League.

I dont understand people bending over backwards to accomodate the notion that the trophy West Ham just won is cause for great celebration. I have a feeling it's more to do with where we are right now...and in that context winning an egg and spoon race looks presitigious.

It's not crap. But it's nowhere near a trophy that elevates a club from what they were to something bigger.

West Ham remain as they were beforehand.

I never thought the Europa League was great when we were involved.

There's only one European trophy worth having that would elevate our status and that's the European Cup.

I'd place the League Cup ahead of the Europa League and the Europa Conference League trophy some distance behind the Europa League.

I dont understand people bending over backwards to accomodate the notion that the trophy West Ham just won is cause for great celebration. I have a feeling it's more to do with where we are right now...and in that context winning an egg and spoon race looks presitigious.
Thats exactly it though we will NEVER win the prem or cl so literally whats point in even putting it into rational thinking?

If we won last night and redshite had season they just had i would be over moon

The fella beat Fiorientina and AZ Alkmaar FFS.
Fact is, the only thing worth celebrating was Europa league football next season, which itself can often do more harm than good.
“Europa Conference League” LOL - won’t be worth the trophy it’s written on when decommissioned in 3 years. File beneath Intertoto.
Like the European cup winners cup?

I still count it as a trophy we won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back