Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
His abysmal record at Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd and the Shte for over a decade will forever be a source of ignominy at this club, not a single win at any as his teams skulked on with fear and trepidation oozing out of every pore. Dreadful

The problems lay with the owner and the lack of funds too. I agree that we approached those games without a clear winning strategy. We did 'win' at Chelsea via McFadden in the last minute, but it was ruled out for no reason.

We went to Italy with no real game plan and it showed. Had we approached the game intent on scoring an away goal we go through. Instead we tried to contain them and failed.

The problems lay with the owner and the lack of funds too. I agree that we approached those games without a clear winning strategy. We did 'win' at Chelsea via McFadden in the last minute, but it was ruled out for no reason.

We went to Italy with no real game plan and it showed. Had we approached the game intent on scoring an away goal we go through. Instead we tried to contain them and failed.
Check the records - we didn't. If we had scored one or two before Mcfadden it wouldn't of mattered then again Chels might have rifled in three in the interim this is why results are based on facts and not fans opinion

My god is he still doing this "fear football" act?

He MUST be the most spineless manager in footballing history.
He’s definitely up there, which makes his declaration, “that’s what I do, I win”, even funnier.

The ovation he got here at the end as the fanbase waved him off to go manage United was galling. One banner summed up the mood...”goodbye and good luck Davy”.

He treated this club as a stepping stone, but worse than that the club (including most fans) accepted this. His programme notes on his last home game begins...”Today sees me manage Everton at Goodison Park for the last time”. Surprised the next line wasn’t, “you will find handkerchiefs under your seat to dry your tears as I depart”.

Me, I couldn’t wait to see the back of him and his dour, gutless football.

He’s definitely up there, which makes his declaration, “that’s what I do, I win”, even funnier.

The ovation he got here at the end as the fanbase waved him off to go manage United was galling. One banner summed up the mood...”goodbye and good luck Davy”.

He treated this club as a stepping stone, but worse than that the club (including most fans) accepted this. His programme notes on his last home game begins...”Today sees me manage Everton at Goodison Park for the last time”. Surprised the next line wasn’t, “you will find handkerchiefs under your seat to dry your tears as I depart”.

Me, I couldn’t wait to see the back of him and his dour, gutless football.

That's when I realised the Goodison faithful had changed beyond recognition - shocked me rigid tbh

Check the records - we didn't. If we had scored one or two before Mcfadden it wouldn't of mattered then again Chels might have rifled in three in the interim this is why results are based on facts and not fans opinion

It was the last kick of the game as I recall.

We have had many dodgy decisions against these teams. That Terry goal in the 97th minute was a disgrace under Martinez. He was miles offside. :(

But but charlie nicholas says hes a better fit for everton than anchelotti, and he works for sky, so hrs obviously correct.

your all chattin it lads. Moyes is fergie reincarnate. You just dont see it because you think above the pigeon hole sky have put you in. How dare you remember the history of this club.

Know your place, it sickens me to hear these insults about the great moyesey.

Slams door, sulks in corner to jeff stirling poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back