Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy to say that with hindsight, but this morning it was absolutely atrocious and it would have been dangerous to travel; other areas, may still be under high winds.

I know that right now in Liverpool it's start to whirl up again after a period of relative calm. It's never a difficult decision, however this time I think it was the right call.

Anyway, Moyes's current record at West Ham is absolutely stellar: 25% win rate with two wins from eight and losing half of them. "I win..." k'in ell.

Luckily for him Bournemouth look to be dropping points

The Moyesiah with just an epic result at the Etihad today. The way he set up and deployed Storm Ciara against all the odds to do what very few teams do and walk away from there without losing just leaves his critics red faced..........................................that is until the reschedule :cool:

The Moyesiah with just an epic result at the Etihad today. The way he set up and deployed Storm Ciara against all the odds to do what very few teams do and walk away from there without losing just leaves his critics red faced..........................................that is until the reschedule :cool:
Could work out well for Moyes this.
City will have fixtures piling up in a few weeks, whereas they would have battered Hammers today.

Sensible. I'm only a few miles away from the city ground currently and I'd think twice about going, let alone come from down south.

I bet a lot of people had already started their journeys by the time that got called off. Matches should be called off earlier where the away fans have a 4/5 hour journey ahead of them.

City will have fixtures piling up in a few weeks, whereas they would have battered Hammers today.

Agree. They were primed for a stuffing of epic magnitudes as City were ready to take out their recent frustrations.

On another note, did anyone notice Hodgson is leading the managerial league in teams least goals scored. What a shock........NOT!

This is taken from another site but it's absolutely bang on the money as far as I'm concerned regarding the career of David Moyes.

"I hate Moyes more than I really ought to. I mean he’s a total no-mark so i shouldn’t care, but his expectation lowering [Poor language removed] really boils my [Poor language removed] piss. He’s paid millions of pounds to do a job and his approach is to paint as much despair, doom and gloom as he possibly can so that even the smallest of small achievements in getting them to 17th on goal difference will reflect well on him, the cynical bog-eyed [Poor language removed]"

"He’s a [Poor language removed] gerrymandering wage thief. Pisses me off that he takes a penny out of the game the [Poor language removed]".
Summed him up nicely.
Definitely works in Moysies favour. They were conceding half a dozen today. City will prioritise cup games from the start of the next round of the CL onward.

Having said that, had it been playable today with just blustery conditions, that would have given West Ham a fighting chance of nicking something. Wind is a bit of a leveller with passes going astray. Remember one of the first things Wenger did at Arsenal was have a row of pine trees planted around the training ground. His predecessors never considered the effect the wind had on their preparation.

What was actually said about their finances if they go down? Can’t find the actual quotes from the other week but there was talk they could be in big trouble: was it administration trouble, or just sell a few players trouble?

On another note, did anyone notice Hodgson is leading the managerial league in teams least goals scored. What a shock........NOT!

He also has them (not) conceding like a team challenging for Europe, which is why they're not down in the relegation places. When the goal is to stay up and draws get that done, it's no surprise that managers go for that approach. Pulis and Allardyce made careers out of it.

Palace's concession record makes shelling them yesterday look all the more impressive.

What was actually said about their finances if they go down? Can’t find the actual quotes from the other week but there was talk they could be in big trouble: was it administration trouble, or just sell a few players trouble?
Not sure, but it's hard to see how it can put them in big trouble - they coin it in on match tickets, yet pay a peppercorn rent for that stadium. Apparently the food sales are nothing to do with them as they're just the tenants, but it's hard to see their setup as being anything other than a huge cash cow.

I bet a lot of people had already started their journeys by the time that got called off. Matches should be called off earlier where the away fans have a 4/5 hour journey ahead of them.
Yesterday I cancelled visiting my parents for today. The prediction was known for the winds and trains had been cancelled. They could have cancelled earlier. But there's money involved so I guess they leave it as late as they can.

Not sure, but it's hard to see how it can put them in big trouble - they coin it in on match tickets, yet pay a peppercorn rent for that stadium. Apparently the food sales are nothing to do with them as they're just the tenants, but it's hard to see their setup as being anything other than a huge cash cow.

I dont know the details, but their match day takings for 60000 ish crowds is no where near what say Spurs or Arsenal get from similar gates.

Discounted season tickets, tons of cheaps available, free ones lobbed into tourist packages offered by travel agents, not much corporate.

FFBBF96E-9766-4B9F-8A7D-EEE0B8B9B9F5.webp
Banter FC showing how truly pathetic they are. They deserve relegation after robbing Sheffield United of their place in the league years ago.

Yesterday I cancelled visiting my parents for today. The prediction was known for the winds and trains had been cancelled. They could have cancelled earlier. But there's money involved so I guess they leave it as late as they can.

Exactly, everyone knew it would 'brisk' today. 3000 people probably set out early due to the weather conditions and probably found out north of Birmingham that they would have to turn around. And that is just the away fans nevermind City fans that are in London and southern England.

It doesn't take a lot of effort to check 6 am on the day of the game to see what the weather is going to be like and if it still rough, postpone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back