Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dislike the fella.

Genuinely think part of the reason we’re still a wreck is the mentality he set at the club as “little old Everton”.

but what’s happening at West Ham, he can’t lose really can he? dire situation to be in, but if he gets sacked, he’s getting a nice pay check and can turn round and say “we’ll, there was so much Disruption between the players and the board, I couldn’t win”, or he does a good job and he’s getting a contract extension and a big fat glowing resume addition.

Cracking play by you there Davey, not even you could have flukes this one!

How bad was Declan Rice? Swapping him for Barkley and a fat wedge will be daylight robbery.

Rice is supposedly an England midfielder, but struggled to pass the ball five yards.

Dislike the fella.

Genuinely think part of the reason we’re still a wreck is the mentality he set at the club as “little old Everton”.

but what’s happening at West Ham, he can’t lose really can he? dire situation to be in, but if he gets sacked, he’s getting a nice pay check and can turn round and say “we’ll, there was so much Disruption between the players and the board, I couldn’t win”, or he does a good job and he’s getting a contract extension and a big fat glowing resume addition.

What rubbish. Fact is we would have been ruined financially if he hadn’t come in.

Moyes would be better off leaving West Ham and taking the Celtic job. At his age he’s gonna to struggle to get a good job, and West Ham is toxic.

What rubbish. Fact is we would have been ruined financially if he hadn’t come in.

Moyes would be better off leaving West Ham and taking the Celtic job. At his age he’s gonna to struggle to get a good job, and West Ham is toxic.

We as fans have knack of choosing an event that we attribute to something negative. The fact is everything plays it’s part, we were broke and Moyes did very well to build the squad he did with the resources available to stop our continued decline. I think it’s likely his continued attitude even after challenging for Europa league spots played its part to, certainly amongst the older school players that have stayed here like Jagielka, Coleman maybe even Baines. On top of that we had owners that couldn’t invest and either didn’t want to sell or couldn’t find a suitable buyer (dependant on your view).

It’s not one thing that led us to prop the table up for so long likes it’s not just going to be one factor that drags us back up to the top end of the table

Most have probably seen this but it’s worth a read

Moyes found value in players pre the massive increase in TV money revenues. Now every club expects to spend money, it’s not just the established top 4 with their Champions League money and merchandising revenues. It’s harder for him to find value added players like pienaar, Arteta, carsley, Cahill when the likes of Villa are spending £30 million on championship players. The system he used to get us where we were unfortunately is obsolete now. He’s proved he can’t adapt in all of his jobs since us.

The thing I liked about Moyes was he managed to get the best out of average players. When we got injuries the players that came in still played to the level of the team.

Fair enough towards the end it got a bit stale but that was normal considering how long he was at the club, loved it at times as a fan though me, especially when we managed 4th with Marcus Bent as our leading striker.

Dislike the fella.

First for the chop i think, they have hard games coming up. Although i think they did well against the big teams, but crap against the others?

Where does his career go then? He'd have to go and manage Scotland i think, change of scenery with international football.

Has he made any signings this summer bar making Soucek a permanent deal?
Nope - in fact the board sold the boy Diangana from under him to West Brom. Seems to have caused a fan and player revolt.

He cannot say he has not had an eventful career lol

Seems he is working under impossible conditions - he would be better walking than suffering another Sunderland-esque season.

Did I diss the job he did? No I didn’t.
So have a read again. He did an excellent job, and saved us from the mire, gave us some great memories.

Name of the thread says it all, “get out of Old Trafford or Anfield with a draw”, he inflicted a fearful mindset in our players, which was still shown up until now.

Walter Smith years we’d always have a go, and nothing since. Was a master of setting the bar low, so people would appreciate the great job he did.

Reality is, our biggest games in our tenure under him, Semi Final against Liverpool, Sporting, Chelsea semi final, countless league games he bottled. Not even mentioning the final.
But that’s me going off subject.

His mentality was just so wrong, and we over achieved regularly and I appreciate his job, but ultimately, 11 years, 1 final, Zero trophies is an outstanding failure.

He sold us down the river and refused to sign a contract, so left for free (maybe that’s down to Kenwrong being a soft touch).
He tried to disrupt Baines and Fellaini, he regularly went on to belittle us, during the tenure at United.

But we’re all entitled to our own opinions, just for me, Moyes is not someone I look back at with fond memories.

You’re right though, he should go to Celtic asthat’s where he belongs, in a Tin Pot League. If Neil Lennon can win trophies, then he definitely can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back