Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all gearing towards the sale of Declan Rice he’s the only asset they have that’s worth anything

and i personally don't think he's worth anything, absolute nothing player. moyes won't get to spend the money though ha, it'd kenwright all over again for him, but he does have a prett expensive squad there to work with anyway.

Reactions: JLW
Just listened to Sullivan's interview on talksport, or part of it, horrendous. Throwing players under the bus, Tarkwoski, Pellegrini, Moyes, the fans etc. Completely unprofessional. Sounded pretty desperate.

There was a bit where he said they could sign a few players and he immediately corrects to a couple of players. Seems to tell everyone they have a budget of £40m quid. They're in big trouble.

Given the debts they have, no stadium, a stadium that they are renting that is not fit for football, and they are about the 5th or 6th biggest club in the city they operate in, won't be easy to sell them either.

only he could have anderson, yarmolenko, haller and lanzini on the bench whilst he plays masuaku, antonio, fornals and bowen instead. Yarmolenko has a great record there when he's actually played?
Yarmolenko has an awful injury record, his body isn't fit for PL footy anymore, neither is Lanzini and it's almost 2 years since Anderson showed any sort of consistent form. Haller definitely deserves another chance though.

Yarmolenko has an awful injury record, his body isn't fit for PL footy anymore, neither is Lanzini and it's almost 2 years since Anderson showed any sort of consistent form. Haller definitely deserves another chance though.

Yeah, i understand the reasons just saying it's typical him to select all the harder working less skillfull attackers over the ones who will get him more goals. Loves his osmans over his barkley's.

Lovely stuff.

SULLIVAN ‘DEPRESSED’ BY WEST HAM TRANSFERS

David Sullivan has defended West Ham's lack of transfer activity after all but ruling out a renewed move for James Tarkowski.

Burnley have turned down two bids for centre-half Tarkowski, who turns 28 in November, and the cash-strapped Hammers are now looking elsewhere for defensive reinforcements.

"We've got two or three bids in, but the benchmark is very high,” co-owner Sullivan told talkSPORT. "We've got limited funds.

“If we had £400m to spend and someone said spend 10 per cent of it, £40m, on a 28-year-old centre-back from a Premier League club who will remain nameless, you'd probably get the player out.

“But to spend your entire budget on a 28-year-old centre-back, you're struggling. We're going to get no gate money, possibly all season. We've got to keep the club afloat and pay the wages.

"I can't go and sign two or three players the manager (David Moyes) doesn't want or we'd have a civil war at West Ham because I don't pick the players. Our manager is a manager, not a coach.

"I cannot say for sure we are going to sign anybody, and as each day passes, I get more depressed. There's no point saying otherwise. We'll go a little bit more, but we can't pay double what you value a player at. We haven't got the money; the club would go bankrupt. These are difficult times."

Lovely stuff.

SULLIVAN ‘DEPRESSED’ BY WEST HAM TRANSFERS

David Sullivan has defended West Ham's lack of transfer activity after all but ruling out a renewed move for James Tarkowski.

Burnley have turned down two bids for centre-half Tarkowski, who turns 28 in November, and the cash-strapped Hammers are now looking elsewhere for defensive reinforcements.

"We've got two or three bids in, but the benchmark is very high,” co-owner Sullivan told talkSPORT. "We've got limited funds.

“If we had £400m to spend and someone said spend 10 per cent of it, £40m, on a 28-year-old centre-back from a Premier League club who will remain nameless, you'd probably get the player out.

“But to spend your entire budget on a 28-year-old centre-back, you're struggling. We're going to get no gate money, possibly all season. We've got to keep the club afloat and pay the wages.

"I can't go and sign two or three players the manager (David Moyes) doesn't want or we'd have a civil war at West Ham because I don't pick the players. Our manager is a manager, not a coach.

"I cannot say for sure we are going to sign anybody, and as each day passes, I get more depressed. There's no point saying otherwise. We'll go a little bit more, but we can't pay double what you value a player at. We haven't got the money; the club would go bankrupt. These are difficult times."
Yeah, signing a good player is a bad strategy. Better following our patented “Walsh-Koeman Plan” approach of signing loads of rubbish, kind of like a footballing Supermarket Sweep.

only he could have anderson, yarmolenko, haller and lanzini on the bench whilst he plays masuaku, antonio, fornals and bowen instead. Yarmolenko has a great record there when he's actually played?
Antonio literally had the best month of any PL striker ever behind Suarez, and Bowen is an excellent player. Masuaku has not been in the team either.

The ones you suggest should be playing are the one who simply do not perform. Haller deserves more time, and Yarmalenko is a decent impact sub, but the other two are dreadful.

Just listened to Sullivan's interview on talksport, or part of it, horrendous. Throwing players under the bus, Tarkwoski, Pellegrini, Moyes, the fans etc. Completely unprofessional. Sounded pretty desperate.

There was a bit where he said they could sign a few players and he immediately corrects to a couple of players. Seems to tell everyone they have a budget of £40m quid. They're in big trouble.

Given the debts they have, no stadium, a stadium that they are renting that is not fit for football, and they are about the 5th or 6th biggest club in the city they operate in, won't be easy to sell them either.
Very naive to announce what his transfer budget is in public. They’re absolutely buggered also have you seen their next run of fixtures?

Very naive to announce what his transfer budget is in public. They’re absolutely buggered also have you seen their next run of fixtures?

Yes to the 2nd mate. Big problems.

As regards the 1st, thats astonishing. What do they think is going to happen when they bid for the next player?

What about the bit where he was saying about what players he signed and what players he didn't while slagging them off. Or saying he could sign players but Moyes doesn't want them. Absolutely nuts.

Reactions: JLW
Antonio literally had the best month of any PL striker ever behind Suarez, and Bowen is an excellent player. Masuaku has not been in the team either.

The ones you suggest should be playing are the one who simply do not perform. Haller deserves more time, and Yarmalenko is a decent impact sub, but the other two are dreadful.

i really like antonio, would be a great utility player here, but he's just as injured as yarmolenko. I was only referring to the arsenal line-up, where there cup attack seemed twice as good as the less exciting alternative he put out in the league.

i really like antonio, would be a great utility player here, but he's just as injured as yarmolenko. I was only referring to the arsenal line-up, where there cup attack seemed twice as good as the less exciting alternative he put out in the league.
Yeah, but you are going by reputation. There is a reason they are all benchwarmers. Haller could force his way back in, and Yarmalenko, but Anderson is truly awful.

Problem with Haller is Moyes wants a mobile, hard working forward. Haller has the pace of a tugboat!

Yeah, but you are going by reputation. There is a reason they are all benchwarmers. Haller could force his way back in, and Yarmalenko, but Anderson is truly awful.

Problem with Haller is Moyes wants a mobile, hard working forward. Haller has the pace of a tugboat!
Haller only works if you play him in a 3 and Moyes is never going to do that, he would be having heart palpitations with 3 upfront. Also a number of the players are not really playing in their best positions but we don't see what goes on in training. I just listened before to that Sullivan interview and i really do think it would be best for all concerned if GSB step away from West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back