Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still better then Martinez

When 72 points with champagne football has been reproduced again at GP for a season then you'd have an ounce of credibility having a pop at the FIFA top 10 rated coach who's become Belgium's best ever manager and taken them to the number 1 ranked international team.

Until that time though, please dont use the name Moyes in the same sentence as Martinez.

West Ham fans happy with the dullard....

EbOct1AWAAE5P_8

When 72 points with champagne football has been reproduced again at GP for a season then you'd have an ounce of credibility having a pop at the FIFA top 10 rated coach who's become Belgium's best ever manager and taken them to the number 1 ranked international team.

Until that time though, please dont use the name Moyes in the same sentence as Martinez.

He is no way Belgium's best ever manager. Guy Thys took them to a semi final with a far worse squad.

Looks like he will take them down.

Needing results in specific games was never his forté.

I think they may get away with it this season, as Villa and particularly Bournemouth are woeful. They go down next season though, no doubt in my mind if they manage to stay up this. They've got Sunderland written all over them at present when he went in their. It's a rotten club.

I think they may get away with it this season, as Villa and particularly Bournemouth are woeful. They go down next season though, no doubt in my mind if they manage to stay up this. They've got Sunderland written all over them at present when he went in their. It's a rotten club.

You may be right. I wouldn't like to be a West Ham fan needing points going into the last couple of games though. Thats when Moyes' teams choke most particularly.

If they survive it will be by default.

You may be right. I wouldn't like to be a West Ham fan needing points going into the last couple of games though. Thats when Moyes' teams choke most particularly.

If they survive it will be by default.

My initial thoughts were Bournemouth were in a miss and would go down, and Villa's fixtures are just too hard. However I think it's the first to 33 points from those teams to survive. I really think it will be quite low to stay up this season (and in future seasons too potentially).

The issue with West Ham though, that many aren't speaking about, is Moyes teams always tended to start slowly. Even at Everton where he did well, we were famed for bad starts which he would rectify later in the season. This is like a start to a season again and they look quite a way off it.

In fairness to Moyes though, they were doomed before he arrived.

My initial thoughts were Bournemouth were in a miss and would go down, and Villa's fixtures are just too hard. However I think it's the first to 33 points from those teams to survive. I really think it will be quite low to stay up this season (and in future seasons too potentially).

The issue with West Ham though, that many aren't speaking about, is Moyes teams always tended to start slowly. Even at Everton where he did well, we were famed for bad starts which he would rectify later in the season. This is like a start to a season again and they look quite a way off it.

Really?

He got the gig on 29th December, they were above the relegation zone (ok, 1 point, but still) and a game in hand.

He knew the club - in his own words;

" “It’s fabulous to be back,” said Moyes. “It feels great to be home. I’ve missed being here because I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed being around the stadium and I loved being in this part of the world and I missed the club, so I can’t wait to get started."

He also said his squad was stronger than when he left - it was.

If they go down, it's on him.

Really?

He got the gig on 29th December, they were above the relegation zone (ok, 1 point, but still) and a game in hand.

He knew the club - in his own words;

" “It’s fabulous to be back,” said Moyes. “It feels great to be home. I’ve missed being here because I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed being around the stadium and I loved being in this part of the world and I missed the club, so I can’t wait to get started."

He also said his squad was stronger than when he left - it was.

If they go down, it's on him.

I remember they had a great start to the season didn't they? I'm sure they were top 6 after 10 games or whatever. After that it seemed like complete free fall. I saw them at Goodison, and given how bad we were under Silva they were the worst team I've seen all season. Even Norwich were levels ahead of them. No fight, no desire, just a bunch of players who think they were miles better than they are and not willing to put any effort in.

It probably didn't look that bad on paper, but in reality they were in a real mess. (I've just had a quick look, and they had 8 points from 13 games before he arrived) they were in complete free fall.

That being said, Moyes is not really the man for that job. I'm not sure why he's got a reputation as one really. He had a similar job at Sunderland and flopped. Allardyce is actually very adept at steadying sinking ships. I'm not sure thats Moyes's fortay at all.

They look in a really bad we to me though West Ham. They resemble another Sunderland.

They definitely weren't doomed. They still aren't doomed. They are somehow not even in the drop zone. They are just extremely lucky that Watford, villa and Bournemouth have also been terrible.

35 points might well be enough. 33 I doubt will be enough though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back