Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight we should have gone for him over Ancelotti
In hindsight should have gone for him over koeman, the money would been spent wisely and we would have had the foundations, we need building, built.
No manager Merry-go-round , no Mersonaries, everyone putting a shift in.
Obviously, we would have thought the alternative would have been better, and probably called for his head for finishing just outside the top four, and not having the balls win a fa cup final.

In hindsight should have gone for him over koeman, the money would been spent wisely and we would have had the foundations, we need building, built.
Obviously, we would have thought the alternative would have been better, and probably called for his head for finishing just outside the top four, and not having the balls win a fa cup final.

Thankfully I think Benitez is cut from the same cloth hence why I've been calling for a drill sergeant manager for a while this club needs that type of management.

I love the internet. A man who won nothing for us in 11 years then had 6 and a bit years of abject failure, had one good season and started this season well (2 games) and suddenly we should have got him. Never change.

Success is relative, if you look at where we were when he arrived and where we were when he left I think you can consider that 11 years successful.

He may not have got over the line and put a trophy in the cabinet but he deserves praise, at least for getting us back some respect.

Would I have him back? Probably not but I would certainly not scoff at the idea.

I love the internet. A man who won nothing for us in 11 years then had 6 and a bit years of abject failure, had one good season and started this season well (2 games) and suddenly we should have got him. Never change.
Huh?. We have had so called world class
Managers spending 100’s of millions since he left and no one has done what he done. And it isn’t just 2 games is it?. He had West Ham very good last season too.

Ah, the ole hindsight...not sure Moyes had his mojo back at the time, certainly seems to have it now...he must have been practicing with his knife

Huh?. We have had so called world class
Managers spending 100’s of millions since he left and no one has done what he done. And it isn’t just 2 games is it?. He had West Ham very good last season too.

I did say one good season AND 2 games this season. The point being if he was brilliant then he wouldn't have struggled so much at other clubs. Including a fairly difficult first spell at WHAM. A stopped clock is right twice day and it just so happens he has a good squad at the right age/mindset. I might be wrong but it's not like he has bought everyone in? Let's see how he gets on over 2/3/4 seasons before thinking he's the greatest manager.

Oh no how did I know id come in here to a we should have gotten him posts, he's still only got a charity shield and LMA manager of the month trophy to his name, calm down lads.
He beat Newcastle and 10 man Leicester mate.
Can’t wait to see how he does in Europe and then the slide down the table.

West Ham fans will turn on him and the owners before the end of the season.

Vault me.

However it turns out this version is definitely not the Everton Moyes!? 4-2 away, 4-1 at home.. how often did that happen?

We scored FOUR goals at (a poor) Derby on his first away game as manager (won 4-3) and NEVER managed it again in the remaining 213 away league games under Moyes. We only won THREE games away by 3 goals and all of these were against poor sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back